Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom 1MB Tweaks?

Options
  • 11-02-2008 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

hi!could anyone tell me any tips/ideas to tweak my eircom 1mb connection,its a netopia router and my upload speeds are pityful @12kb/s.

Just wondering is there any setting,etc which could speed it up for me.thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

How do you measure this upload speed and do you mean bits or bytes?

Do you mean

12Kb per second using some measure of network performance
    or 12KB per second measured by some uploading software

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

i mean bytes from an uploader e.g. blip t.v/youtube etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

12kBytes a second, is 96kbits, which is about as good as you can expect from a 128kbps upload speed. The only thing you can do is upgrade to a faster package, that would have a higher upload speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The low end package is pants and your not going to benefit from any faster speeds with the upgrades coming up in the next few months. So if you can afford it move to 2m/bit which has about 27 k/b sec upload and in a few months you will get a free upgrade to 3m/bit with about 43 k/b sec upload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

no,im poor!haha!yeah im gettin 2mb in a bout a week,i upgraded there so i dunno went it will take effect,eircom mite **** it up for me again,when i ordered my broadband first,the god damn thing took 2-3 months to come,a joke!:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement