Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free sim cards from o2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Pity these werent there 4-5 months ago.
    I was with o2 and had 4 spare sims and ported over vodafone because they had a offer of €50 credit for each sim.
    So that was grand until i noticed vodafone brought out iou buddy where you can transfer credit from one sim to another which i did and now i have transfered the full 4 x credits to my vodafone sim,ie €200 free credit!!

This promotion is over but i transfeered another o86 sim over last week and got €12 after registering.

So i think i will get these also and if poss port over and get 5 x €12 unless theres something in the small writing!!

regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

kmb wrote: »
    I was with o2 and had 4 spare sims and ported over vodafone because they had a offer of €50 credit for each sim.
    So that was grand until i noticed vodafone brought out iou buddy where you can transfer credit from one sim to another which i did and now i have transfered the full 4 x credits to my vodafone sim,ie €200 free credit!!

This promotion is over but i transfeered another o86 sim over last week and got €12 after registering.

So i think i will get these also and if poss port over and get 5 x €12 unless theres something in the small writing!!

regards

These arrived this morning , very fast delivery

How do you get the €12 from porting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GKN18

Thanks for this, ordered 5 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

just ordered my 5 sim cards. i'll have to add that to the 1 sim card i order of tesco the other day.

I also have no idea what i will do with them all, but they are free so who cares!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

thanks op, got five of them today, now to find out what to do with them...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Delivered this morning. Cheers.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

guys, just a word of advice, I ordered 10 myself but let's try and not take the absolute piss
    as O2 won't be too fast about making such promotions in the future.
    You can be sure a O2 PR person is reading this thread, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They have now removed it from their front page. They are on to us. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

kmb wrote: »

regards

can you still do that ??it says E80 on vodafone now

whats the 5 digit unlocking code ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Thanks OP received mine today....all I have to do now is make some use of them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I ordered 2 last Friday and they still haven't come. Guess I should've ordered 5 like everybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

Ordered 5 on Wednesday; received them today.

Thanks, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Got mine, thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Got all 5 of mine. Nice to see that there is €2.00 on each one of them! I registered one of them, anyone know if you get any additional credit when you regsiter?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

thnaks - arrived today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Cheers, got mine today as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Swindon

madmoe wrote: »
    Got all 5 of mine. Nice to see that there is €2.00 on each one of them! I registered one of them, anyone know if you get any additional credit when you regsiter?

Cheers,
    M

ya i wonder would you additional cred if u register them?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

tks OP, handy for visitors to the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Got mine today too, all i need now is an O2 or unlocked fone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Got mine yesterday then forgot the pin of the one I stuck in the phone...travelling light for a gig so all the paperwork back home:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Thanks OP. Received my cards yesterday. Now I just need to unlock this bloody K800i :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Are y'all missing the fact that all calls to mobiles and landlines are 49c per minute?

That's a RIP OFF, not a bargain!

Or you can have free calls and texts to your top 10 friends, so long as you top up 30 eur per month - what are you going to spend that 30 euro on if you're texting and calling your friends for free?

I think i'll stick with Three. 5c text/video/picture messages to any network and free skype and msn is far more of a bargain IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Just use the FREE €2 and then ditch them.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Just use the FREE €2 and then ditch them.

jaysus...for the sake of 2 euro why would you bother? It will just confuse your friends when you text them from that number and then go back to your old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

got mine 2

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Ordered mine yesterday.Big thanks to OP. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 goldfish007

o no! can u only do this if ur NOT an o2 customer already????:confused:

No, existing o2 pay as you go customers can switch to this 'freedom' plan by going to o2.ie

Solitaryman666 - do you not see how you're going to be left with LOADS of credit on your phone that you aren't going to use? That's why I don't think this is the bargain they are making it out to be!

• Advertisement

I just ported one of my very nice free o2 numbers to Vodafone. :D Thanks very much o2. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

got my 5 SIM cards two weeks back each with 2e credit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I just ported one of my very nice free o2 numbers to Vodafone. :D Thanks very much o2. ;)

How much credit do you get for porting ?

€82 I think. €2 on the card and €10 per month for 8 months if you register.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Got my 5 free sim cards, thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

€82 I think. €2 on the card and €10 per month for 8 months if you register.

Is that complicated? I got my vodafone Porting Sim in the post yesterday. Do you have to ring up either network?

Oh dear. There may be trouble ahead.

Did you get a 5 digit porting code by text to the number you are porting? If so you will need to call vodafone and give them the code. They should then port the number within 2 hours. I did that last week and the number is still not ported.

I hope you fair better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

thats what i did last night, thanks o2

guys,
    any one know about super sim? is it legal in ireland? or what? can some one through some light on it please

• Advertisement

what:eek::eek: free sim pack giving on street????????

looks like o2 know these all people go to vodafone and good idea to give hard time to vadafone. after 2 euro 80 from vodafone not bad.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    got my 5 free sims the other day, thanks! then got 2 more in town yesterday outside O2 as they where giving them out for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

wasim21k wrote: »
    guys,
    any one know about super sim? is it legal in ireland? or what? can some one through some light on it please

Wrong forum, try here.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Not sure if O2 had stopped sending the fee sims but I see they are giving a max of 4 free sims at www.freesims.ie, just in case anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭emmet14

is there anyway of putting the free credit onto my existing vodafone sim without having to change over to o2?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

emmet14 wrote: »
    is there anyway of putting the free credit onto my existing vodafone sim without having to change over to o2?

Yes!

Change the o2 sim to vodafone. Takes 5 minutes, you have to go into a vodafone store. Register online after to get 80 euro (ten euro a month). Then use the IOU buddy system to put the credit on your own account.

Do it with all 5 sims to get 400 euro!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭midship

Ive ported 5 of these to vodafone & registered them...

I thought I would be getting 10 a month sent to these. However I got a text from vodafone telling me to top up by 10 euro to get next month’s 10euro free credit.

Is this correct? I see that this is mentioned on their web site now but I could have sworn there was no conditions attached to the 80 euro free credit when I ported these!
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Then use the IOU buddy system to put the credit on your own account.
    Whats this :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ordered 1 there today, didnt want to be greedy

• Advertisement
Advertisement