Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High Crash Quote

Options
  • 11-02-2008 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Had a little tip on Saturday last and the damage to my car will cost about 200 max its was only car park speed and the other driver took their car to the main stealer for assessment it had a cracked bumper. They phoned me today with the quote 896.12E! Its only a bumper crack and its only a Ford Fusion/Fiesta not an S-Class. Could this be right am I being had? I asked for a copy of the quote to which the response was "Oh I only got it verbally wont have it for a few days". What can I do?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That sounds about right, 300 odd for a new bumper and then you have to get it painted and fitted. It seems correct from a main dealer point of view but remember you can get it assessed aswell if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Get the quote in writing anyway, but were you at fault for the accident? If so, most anyone will take their car to a main dealer because they know your insurance will cover it and hike your premium. Pain in the arse but that's just the way it works.

As for the actual cost, if the bumper is being replaced it sounds high-ish but not excessively so. Someone rear-ended our Astra last year and the bumper for that was €400 plus labour which brings it up to about the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

Get the quote in writing anyway, but were you at fault for the accident?

Yes I was first time for everything:rolleyes: I am going to pay for it myself the insurance will just sky rocket for something pretty minor I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Get the quote in writing anyway, but were you at fault for the accident?

Yes I was first time for everything:rolleyes: I am going to pay for it myself the insurance will just sky rocket for something pretty minor I think.

Yeah depending on your age, NCB etc if it's under a thousand you may as well pay it yourself. If you claim they'll load it back on over the next few years.

Advertisement