Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"To Play This Disk Put it into a Xbox 360 Console"

• 11-02-2008 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Its happening me with every game,
    Anyone else getting this error?
    It started happenind me now and again about a month ago but now i gotta eject and close the tray about 10 times to get it to read the disks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

I'd say get ready to give the funeral directors a call.This happened to me on 1 before and ended up with RROD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I have got this a couple of times with different games. Just opened the tray and closed it again and worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

bucks73 wrote: »
    I have got this a couple of times with different games. Just opened the tray and closed it again and worked fine.

The OP said it was happening with all games,I don't see how opening and closing the tray is going to repair it.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

Happened to me,infrequently at first but then more and more so. Ended up having to send it back to microsoft for repair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Your DVD drive is goosed and needs replacing.
    Happened to me adn had to send it off to MS for a fixing, it only gets worse and worse, I spent around 30 minutes trying to boot up games before they loaded!

Also seems to be a harbinger of RRoD as well, mine bricked after getting it back from rpair for the DVD drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Balls....started happening to me at xmas, only happens every now and again.When the xbox goes how are microsoft about repairing it?
    The transformer didn't work when I got it at first and they were very quick about sending out a replacement, are they as quick about repairing the console?Do they charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

It gets worse and worse Meatwad.
    I remember doing about 35 open/close's to get Halo 3 booted on launch day.

If it's within warranty MS will replace it, there's a sticky at the top of the forum regarding repairs that shold answer any questions you have.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I sent off mine for repair (red rings) last monday. It's on the way back since friday(ish). Hope to have it back soon. Budget 2-3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Did anyone mention cleaning the DVD drive with one of those CD cleaning discs?Happens sometimes with me but I just clean the drive and problem is solved.Or would that be too easy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

happened me with 1 disc. Mind you i did buy it of a street stall in Thailand for €3.....and the seller promised me it would work...robbed..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

Force RROD and send it off to MS for a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

My old 360 did that... then RROD, i did the towel trick for a week or two to really
    fcuk it up then sent it back, i got a brand spanking new one in the post 2 weeks later! Thanks Bill :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Happened to me in November. Time to ship to Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

Bros123 wrote: »
    The OP said it was happening with all games,I don't see how opening and closing the tray is going to repair it.:rolleyes:

well it fixed it for him ye cheeky ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I used to get this message on original Xbox. Whoever came up with it needs their head looked at!!!
    Fair enough if you put your disc in a PS3, DVD player or PC but that message only comes up on Xbox/360!! Bizzare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

After posting on this last week its actually happened to me.Playing Mass Effect without a problem,save game and drive to the brothers for a few hours,come home and DVD drive is buggered.Yet another Xbox to be sent away for repair currently on Number 3.

Im currently torn in 3 directions while playing my Xbox

1.How brilliant it is.
    2.The constant nagging fear that somewhere down the line its going to go belly up and thats that.
    3.What the hell am I going to do for at best 2 weeks waiting for it to come back?

And I was really starting to get into Mass Effect too.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I called 7.30pm on thursday and it was colledcte 9 am yesterday, thats so quick, fair play. only thing is i wasnt there on collection and my flatmates sent it off with the hd attached and call of duty in the drive!!!! idiots!!! Grrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I used to get this error as well. I just knew that it would eventually get the RROD so I just upgraded to the elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

This just happened to me today, I was playing The Club when I heard a loud noise from the disc drive and then it just stopped playing the disc. I then turned it off and it now won't play any games. Its not even a year old but I don't have the reciept for it, will MS still repair it for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

MS will repair it for you as its under a year old. You just have to ring up and organise them to collect it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 WeAreBohs

This has recently been happening to me with some games, not all of my games just some new ones that i have bought. I cant find my receipt any where but the console s less than a year old. anyone have any ideas on what i should do?

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭davidtobin100

Sent mine back last month. Took five calls and five repair numbers and two weeks for them just to pick it up. Their staff in the call centre as a rule seem not to be native english speakers which caused three address mistakes. Bitching to a supervisor got me a free wireless headset though! ;) Took just under a month in total to get it fixed from initial fault to having it back under the tv.

I also had a problem with a copy of FIFA: RTWC which had the same error message each time and never loaded. I think in my case it was just the disc and it always happened with that game and never gave problems with any other game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

WeAreBohs wrote: »
    This has recently been happening to me with some games, not all of my games just some new ones that i have bought. I cant find my receipt any where but the console s less than a year old. anyone have any ideas on what i should do?

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks

When I rang them they told me the console was out of warranty and unless I have a reciept to prove when I bought it there would be a charge for fixing it. Lucky for me I found my reciept today, so I'll ring them tomorrow again and let you know how I get on. You should ring them anyway, your console might still be under warranty(they check this using the seriel no.). I think he said it would be ST£59 to fix it if I couldn't find my reciept, which is still better than buying a new console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

That message means the 360 thinks the disk is a regular movie DVD. I used the get that a lot when I first got my 360.
    Read somewhere it often happens if the 360 is turned on with no controllers connected initially.
    So now I always use the controller to turn it on and I haven't seen the message since.
    A bit bizarre but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I've noticed that too, but after reading about the red rings I dismissed it.Will start doing it and let ya'll know if it makes any difference as have been getting that message alot lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

got my xbox back, took 2 weeks, only thing is i didnt gey my copy of COD back!(it was left in disk drive) called them today, 90% chance i wont see it again. :-(

Advertisement