Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any word on new shops etc coming to limerick

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

BarryCreed wrote: »
    whats the bets, that it will be the SAME shops as are in town, another next, or river island or similar. A bit of choice wouldn't go astray. Not everyone likes next or river island. Not picking on them, just an example...

100% agree. River Island, Next, Jean Scene, Chapps and that awful Deisel shop more have such ****e clothes. The selection of mens shops in particular in Limerick is absolutely brootal!!!
    The only thing is I spent a weekend in Dublin recently and you know what..its the same clothes in the same shops as we have down here. A few exceptions but not many. I'd heard so much about the Dundrum shopping centre, Liffey Velley etc and apart from one or two shops that I couldnt afford to buy socks in, they are slightly bigger versions of the Crescent..Urban Outfitters was the best of the lot and being honest not mind blowing either..flights from Shannon to London/New York is your only bet if you dont want to be a carbon copy of every other person in Ireland...(and even at that and in cities like AMsterdam, its River Island, Next etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

lasno wrote: »
    Probably LOL! (Limerick-on-Line Internet Cafe) at 52 William St.
    Ya I think that was it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

TBH I go once a year abroadf for shopping. mainly germany. basically for everything else then socks, knickers and t-shirts...

the crap in NEXT and Riverisland is not wearable and always for 75% one season behind the continent...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

and all these shops never have decent sizes i wear xl everything not that i need it but i like my clothes baggy.. if i was to buy from any of the mentioned shops the clothes always shrink too small after a wash.. zara is the biggest joke of all their xl is like a childs size age 13.. as for jean scene dont get me started selling all that knock off clothes at brand name prices.. next sucks big time.. none of these shops sell clothes with any identity.. its all carbon copies of what the guy at the other end of the bar is wearing.. maybe in a different colour.. jesus h&m in the crescent didnt even bother to provide anything for the gents!! all in all mens shopping in limerick sucks.. bar tk maxx which has some decent clothes (prices decent too especially the trainers)(example: dc trainers tk maxx 45€ schuh 120€) i dont mind waiting a few months to save €75.. it all comes back to rip off ireland.. we are being charged a premium just for living in this country..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ya I think that was it.

Thanks
    sounds like u mixed up ur streets, thats a description of moviedrome on upper henry st. im here right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

zuroph wrote: »
    sounds like u mixed up ur streets, thats a description of moviedrome on upper henry st. im here right now!
    I guess thats it then, which ever it was I was very impressed. Loved the whole feel of the place, didn't know there was such a place in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Stab*City wrote: »
    and all these shops never have decent sizes i wear xl everything not that i need it but i like my clothes baggy.. if i was to buy from any of the mentioned shops the clothes always shrink too small after a wash.. zara is the biggest joke of all their xl is like a childs size age 13.. as for jean scene dont get me started selling all that knock off clothes at brand name prices.. next sucks big time.. none of these shops sell clothes with any identity.. its all carbon copies of what the guy at the other end of the bar is wearing.. maybe in a different colour.. jesus h&m in the crescent didnt even bother to provide anything for the gents!! all in all mens shopping in limerick sucks.. bar tk maxx which has some decent clothes (prices decent too especially the trainers)(example: dc trainers tk maxx 45€ schuh 120€) i dont mind waiting a few months to save €75.. it all comes back to rip off ireland.. we are being charged a premium just for living in this country..

You speak the truth especially about sizes...drives me mad

Advertisement