Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'99 Golf - Sliver Border

Options
  • 11-02-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Driving a '99 Golf, its sliver but has thoses horrible black lines along the doors, back and front. Seen quite a few where instead of black they have sliver to match the car. Looks really good. Just wondering if anyone knows where abouts you could pick some of theses up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Might be a chance they are orderable from a VW dealer but as far as I know they are not. You could either have them sprayed or possibly get them from a scrapyard off a similar model. They are standard on GT/Sportline spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

They are just the standard ones painted, had them done on my golf and it made a serious differenece
    http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=652436721&PhotoAlbumId=657765416&PhotoId=747866966

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Nice car... Out of interest, how did you go about spraying them? The black strips are kinda rough. U sand them down, prime and spray over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Thats exactly how I want mine to look. Looks great. Notice you have the clear indicator cover and the sliver door handles. Nice wheels 2. What did you paint them with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

In the trade and a mate is a panel beater. Handles were factory paiinted as were mirrors, standard on comfortline i think, had the strips removed and bottoms of the bumpers, primed and painted in a spray booth. Wasnt sure about doing the bottoms of the bumpers as the gti doesnt have it done but it really changed the look of the car and i would def do it again. Have a gt tdi now, even though it is black thinkin of doin the same so the bumpers will be coloured and not just black plastic
    http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=652436721&PhotoAlbumId=5682048672&PhotoId=5682118491

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

You can order them primmed ready to paint from the dealers,the are dear though with the door pieces being the most expensive.

You can sand the standard ones back,prime them and paint them but it would take a good panel beater to make the paint stick,ive seen so many DIY jobs where the paint has started to come off and it looks horrid!

Advertisement