Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Pages

Options
  • 11-02-2008 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

HI all
    Im thinking of using the Golden Pages and am wondering what the cost of a listing is, for both the printed and online editions?
    I have heard that their sales people are very persuasive so dont want to ring up cold

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Hi,

I asked this question just the other day and another Boardsie told me it was about 200 pa for a two liner standard entry in the book.

I am guessing that they throw in an online listing as well (but that is just a guess ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

HI all
    Im thinking of using the Golden Pages and am wondering what the cost of a listing is, for both the printed and online editions?
    I have heard that their sales people are very persuasive so dont want to ring up cold

Thanks in advance

maybe you could give them a ring, but just don't use your real information (if you are scared of getting the hard sell)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bananarepublic

yeah they won't give you any info without arranging a meeting. I think the rating card is something like 3500 euro for a quarter page . Also if you are a new company they look for the money upfront. Also there copyrighting is rubblish.

By the way how many people in a business sense still use the goldenpages. Surely most people google everything now. Do most business or corporate buyers have goldenpages in their office these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭norm

By the way how many people in a business sense still use the goldenpages. Surely most people google everything now. Do most business or corporate buyers have goldenpages in their office these days?

Currently in business now a little over a year, don't recall ever checking the Golden Pages in print or on line for anything. Google everything generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

I actually contacted them 2 days ago, why dont they just have their prices available. Im interested in just the online advertisement as i believe its too late for the print edition? Anyway ill post the prices when i get a reply bak one of these days:rolleyes:

Anyway they replied asking for all my details and a rep would ring me back but still nothing yet. On googling things you have and havent a point, for example if your target audience isnt pc savy then there next logical choice would be to use the golden pages although i agree you dont see them around as much these days, but say where i live in Athlone, try googling for a plumber,pc repair,painter etc and youll get little or no useful results so even pc savy people in certain areas would still use golden pages for alot of local services if not first then after a unsuccessful google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭userod

They just rang me there, i'm a DJ.
    There's some new wedding edition of the golden pages coming out and the offered me an ad with the white background in it for 670e + vat, or quarter page,no colour,= 3300+vat. quarter page is out but not sure whether to go for the white background one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

How long were you waiting for the call, i havent had a repsonse since Tuesday and ive since sent 3 emails to 3 different email addys to fiona, info and gpinfo @ truvu.ie and ive got no replies to any of them, ive heard of waiting for tech support but usually sales are quick to respond and its usually them chasing you down and not the other way around :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Just a suggestion based on an experience (of a previous life!) - do a bit of research into it - if you know others in your area that advertise in the golden pages, check out the response rate. A good number of years back i was taken in by the golden pages sell (probably own fault at the time not being able to say NO!), anyhow given what business i was in at the time and the location that i was in, there were zero referrals - money wasted. To be fair, the opposite is probably true in certain instances - There probably are other stories which would be far more successful than mine, but I think its well worth while thinking about it before you jump in and swallow hook, line, and sinker and unlike me at the time, don't be afraid to say NO if you aren't happy with them. If considering them at least look for specific statistics for your industry area rather than accepting their general statistics of the 'golden pages is consulted x many zillion times a day'.

Best of luck with it eitherways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If your number is a business line you qualify for a free basic listing in Golden Pages.

We paid for enhanced listings in several directories, but I didn't see us getting much of a return on it.

The online side of it is run separately, but that didn't generate much interest either.

Of course a lot would depend on what you are trying to sell. When I needed to get flowers to a church in a particular town it was a lot easier finding a florist using the Golden Pages than Google :)

Advertisement