Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

these people are seriously sick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

tech77 wrote: »
    Or are these just "unshockable internet hardman" responses?

"Internet hardman"? :confused:

I would hope this is a joke. The girl got a scare, and supposedly this makes people "Seriously sick"? Honestly, you're being absolutely ridiculous. Get a crash helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

For some who calls themselves StormWarrior, you sure should like a strong fart could knock you over.

Best if you stay under the blankets in case the boogie man comes out and bites you.

Does yer Ma know you are the interweb without your mittens on?

Why, because I don't find tricking someone into thinking she's trapped in a basement with a hanging body funny? What would you do if you happened upon a suicide - laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Helix wrote: »
    her utterly ridiculous reaction

OK.
    So it was more the (admittedly slightly over-the-top) reaction than the prank itself that you found funny?
    Just to be clear so that the prank in itself was unfunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I would hope this is a joke. The girl got a scare, and supposedly this makes people "Seriously sick"? Honestly, you're being absolutely ridiculous. Get a crash helmet.
    Probably referring to the extent of the prank though. Maybe some people just view it as unfair to give someone THAT much of a fright, others don't. Different strokes for different folks. No KH, you certainly aren't one of those insecure macho types tech77 is referring to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm so sick because I laughed at a woman getting scared and overreacting to a prank.

Best call the asylum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

For some who calls themselves StormWarrior, you sure should like a strong fart could knock you over.

Best if you stay under the blankets in case the boogie man comes out and bites you.

Does yer Ma know you are the interweb without your mittens on?

How do the hell would either of you react if you found a man hanging?? I really fail to see the humor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 BertieAhernia

Some suicides are very funny, check out the darwin awards.

For some who thinks this is unfunny, you have watched it all, reposted it here and now got at least 10 more people to watch it.

Way to go with that protest against such acts...!!!

If you don't make a copy of this youtube, the phone will ring next week and you will hear a voice say....

'Stormwarrior... this is yer Ma, are you wearing your anti phone goggles?'

jimbo78 wrote: »
    How do the hell would either of you react if you found a man hanging?? I really fail to see the humor

I would probably be freaked out, but that's exactly the point, because in that situation the joke would've been on me. I'd get a laugh afterwards, just like the girl in the second video did, but I'm sure everyone else would've had a huge laugh about it.

Tell me though, are we not supposed to laugh at a practical joke, because the person might be initially freaked out, or upset? I think you must be a very dry and humourless person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That's not fair KH. It's a matter of opinion. I personally don't think there's any need for such a tasteless joke - but that's my opinion and other people find stuff like that hilarious. Their opinion. I personally can't see the humour in exploiting vulnerable people - e.g. when some kid who's mentally disabled has his/her X Factor auditions broadcast on national TV, I just can't laugh. I try to see the humour but I can't. It's not because I'm taking a particular stance on it. However, when some arrogant fukkwit does an audition and goes on about how they're the next X Factor winner and they'd like Simon to produce their album etc, and they make idiots of themselves I fall around the place laughing. Because they deserve it. But I don't think that girl deserves it. However again, opinion - everyone's got one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 BertieAhernia

Its people like StormWarrior who ensure East Coast Radio continue to broadcast death notices, so they can dip their biccies in their tea and say ' oh do you hear that mother, missus o'bumhole has passed away'.

Think about it...... I mean how laughable is it that every young lad who killed himself in Wexford is said to have died in an accident. Thats a real joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I would probably be freaked out, but that's exactly the point, because in that situation the joke would've been on me. I'd get a laugh afterwards, just like the girl in the second video did, but I'm sure everyone else would've had a huge laugh about it.

Tell me though, are we not supposed to laugh at a practical joke, because the person might be initially freaked out, or upset? I think you must be a very dry and humourless person.

Dont get me wrong dude, Im up for a laugh as much as anyone else and of course find practical jokes etc. funny, but I don't think using suicide as a way of scaing people funny.
    Stuff like this is generally aimed at immature kids i.e.:
    Some suicides are very funny, check out the darwin awards.

For some who thinks this is unfunny, you have watched it all, reposted it here and now got at least 10 more people to watch it.

Way to go with that protest against such acts...!!!

If you don't make a copy of this youtube, the phone will ring next week and you will hear a voice say....

'Stormwarrior... this is yer Ma, are you wearing your anti phone goggles?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

I <3 foreign gameshows. Ruu that vid is brilliant

Are you saying you'd get a good kick out of playing this prank on a girl you know?
    If there's nothing wrong with it why wouldn't you?

Look all i'm saying is this is unfunny.
    It's provocative and lousy- that's all it is.

Dudess wrote: »
    That's not fair KH. It's a matter of opinion. I personally don't think there's any need for such a tasteless joke - but that's my opinion and other people find stuff like that hilarious. Their opinion. I personally can't see the humour in exploiting vulnerable people - e.g. when some kid who's mentally disabled has his/her X Factor auditions broadcast on national TV, I just can't laugh. I try to see the humour but I can't. It's not because I'm taking a particular stance on it. However, when some arrogant fukkwit does an audition and goes on about how they're the next X Factor winner and they'd like Simon to produce their album etc, and they make idiots of themselves I fall around the place laughing. Because they deserve it. But I don't think that girl deserves it. However again, opinion - everyone's got one :)

I don't think it's fair to compare a practical joke to a mentally disabled person on the X Factor (I've seen a few auditions on youtube, but has this actually happened with a mentally disabled person?).
    jimbo78 wrote: »
    Dont get me wrong dude, Im up for a laugh as much as anyone else and of course find practical jokes etc. funny, but I don't think using suicide as a way of scaing people funny.
    Stuff like this is generally aimed at immature kids i.e.:

Honestly, I think suicide is a very serious subject, and I've had two friends who killed themselves, which affected me a lot, but you have to look at the context like I do, and don't be so overly sensitive about it. It's a joke, and should just be taken as a joke. What if someone was in a car accident and seeing one depicted on TV or a film upsets them, do we ban fictional car crashes?

I don't believe there's anything that should be off limits with regards to humour, and joking about something can often be a way to deal with it. Humour is important in that respect, it's part of what makes us human.

The fact is, the video in question is really no different than if you were to hide around a corner and jump out on your friend, and yes, they might be genuinely scared, but I've never seen a situation where both parties wouldn't laugh about it right afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lol the Japanese one is great but the other two are not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

My fake boob radar is making a lot of noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

dublindude:
    My fake boob radar is making a lot of noise.

It's also drawing a lot of attention from passers by... We told you it was a silly idea or that you should have gotten a second fake boob installed to make the radar less conspicous, but no. You had to have it your way, Beepy McOnetit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

passive wrote: »
    It's also drawing a lot of attention from passers by... We told you it was a silly idea or that you should have gotten a second fake boob installed to make the radar less conspicous, but no. You had to have it one way, beepy mcOne-tit.

Heheh :)

"Internet hardman"? :confused: I would hope this is a joke. The girl got a scare, and supposedly this makes people "Seriously sick"? Honestly, you're being absolutely ridiculous. Get a crash helmet.

Again would you play this "prank" on a girl you know, a girlfriend or sister even.

If there's nothing sick about it and pranks (which you see this as being) are meant to be funny why not?

The crash helmet/unshockable debate is neither here nor there really with this unfunny sh1t (I'm as jaded as the next guy tbh).

It's more about calling this unfunny sh1t what it is.. lousy, provocative and unfunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Jesus, talk about an overreaction here.

It's a joke, it was hilarious to some people, other people won't like it, as with most jokes so get off your fcking high horses. "People who laugh at this kind of thing are sick", fck off.

• Advertisement

It's more about calling this unfunny sh1t what it is.. lousy, provocative and unfunny.

You should add in IMO. Since it's YOUR OPINION.

Then, what you should do too is, respect the fact that opinions differ, rather than trying to push yours on other people.

rb_ie wrote: »
    You should add in IMO. Since it's YOUR OPINION. Then, what you should do too is, respect the fact that opinions differ, rather than trying to push yours on other people.

Yeah fair enough- IMO.
    IMO scaring the living sh1t out of women for kicks is unfunny.
    That IMO sounds a bit redundant there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Again would you play this "prank" on a girl you know, a girlfriend or sister even.

jesus yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

How the f*ck do you guys consider this to be funny? Anyone could extract screams from anyone by faking a death - its not creative and therefore not funny. Its tasteless and cruel. The fact that its so shocking is the only thing thats so remarkable about it. Is it funny to ye in the same way that taking the piss out of the disabled kid in primary school was funny? Candid Camera is funny, Jackass is funny, this is not funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

jackass is not funny

Helix wrote: »
    jesus yes

:D:D Troll?
    Valiant effort but somehow i don't believe you.

Either that or you need mental help..

cornbb wrote: »
    How the f*ck do you guys consider this to be funny? Anyone could extract screams from anyone by faking a death - its not creative and therefore not funny. Its tasteless and cruel. The fact that its so shocking is the only thing thats so remarkable about it. Is it funny to ye in the same way that taking the piss out of the disabled kid in primary school was funny? Candid Camera is funny, Jackass is funny, this is not funny.

Well said.
    And the "wrapping yourself up in cotton wool/Mary Whitehouse" bull$hit is totally irrelevant to the argument.
    The argument is whether it's funny or not.

I've no problem with people shocking themselves senseless (once its legal i guess) but what i don't get is getting laughs out of something that's just unfunny.

So this is simply about:
    viewing something sh1t, lousy and unfunny,
    deciding that it is indeed sh1t, lousy and unfunny and
    calling it sh1t, lousy and unfunny
    because it is sh1t, lousy and unfunny.

IMO.

IMO.

Good boy.

rb_ie wrote: »
    Good boy.

Eh the "IMO" was obviously less than earnest :).
    Didn't you see that (what with it being distanced from the main body of text and all).

Tell me you at least got the point about "IMO" being redundant in the previous post, please!!

Anyway more to the point: when did the omission of "IMO" become the equivalent of not acknowledging difference of opinion.
    You're inferring too much from it's absence.
    If that was the case you'd have to qualify everything with "IMO".

So of course i acknowledge difference of opinion.
    But the other view is just different and invalid.

The point is:
    I'm sure any right-minded person would find scaring the sh1t out of a woman in such a sinister way unfunny-
    and any right-minded person would not think the above statement needed to be qualified with "IMO".

Christ why do i bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

BRILLIANT.....****in roflcopter! :D:D:D

Advertisement