Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

these people are seriously sick

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

tech77 wrote: »
    Eh the "IMO" was obviously less than earnest :).
    Didn't you see that (what with it being distanced from the main body of text and all).

Tell me you at least got the point about "IMO" being redundant in the previous post, please!!

Anyway more to the point: when did the omission of "IMO" become the equivalent of not acknowledging difference of opinion.
    You're inferring too much from it's absence.
    If that was the case you'd have to qualify everything with "IMO".

So of course i acknowledge difference of opinion.
    But the other view is just different and invalid.

The point is:
    I'm sure any right-minded person would find scaring the sh1t out of a woman in such a sinister way unfunny-
    and any right-minded person would not think the above statement needed to be qualified with "IMO".

Christ why do i bother.
    You fail at life and now the internetz, thats why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

rb_ie wrote: »
    You fail at life and now the internetz, thats why.

:D
    Haha, now we're down to random personal abuse that seems to have been written by a 12 year old.
    Exactly the type of person who would get a kick out of this stuff i guess.
    Hmm...starting to make sense now- you're like 12 aren't you?

FFS surely an internet success like yourself knows that personal abuse is the last resort of the pwned.
    Address the argument not the poster.

Actually TBH mate i'm worse for arguing with a 12 year old mindset- i'm going to get nowhere.
    I'll leave you at it.
    Bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Again would you play this "prank" on a girl you know, a girlfriend or sister even.

Thats a very sexist attitude.

Off to the Ladies Lounge with you !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

oleras wrote: »
    Thats a very sexist attitude. Off to the Ladies Lounge with you !! :D

Eh, it was a WOMAN being scared senseless in the video so the issue under discussion was acceptability of WOMEN being scared senseless.

So in keeping with the issue I just ASKED the relevant (gender-specific but non-sexist) question and got no response (apart from what I suspect was a trolling one).

I know you're being facetious but there's actually nothing there to be facetious about. It was gender-specific but importantly non-sexist in that I didn't mention DIFFERENCE between men and women in this regard.
    That's another issue again tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Eh, it was a WOMAN being scared senseless in the video so the issue under discussion was acceptability of WOMEN being scared senseless.

So in keeping with the issue I just ASKED the relevant (gender-specific but non-sexist) question and got no response (apart from what I suspect was a trolling one).

I know you're being facetious but there's actually nothing there to be facetious about. It was gender-specific but importantly non-sexist in that I didn't mention DIFFERENCE between men and women in this regard.
    That's another issue again tbh.

Oops, my jokie was bad............ :(

dude, get some sleep or coffee......im going for some sleep. tis only an internet thingie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Believe it or not I would pull this prank on any of my siblings, 2 of which are female.

I can't see what's so sick about it. They scared her, she got into a stupid fit over the joke and I laughed. Big deal.

Advertisement