Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply woes

Options
  • 11-02-2008 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

:(

Motherboard DFI SLI DR

PSu 1 Hiper 580W 24pin and 4 pin
    PSU 2 Antec 550w 24 pin and 4 pin
    PSU 3 85w pos i found in an old compaq. 20 pin and no 4 pin.

Hiper died after 2 years of working or so i thought pc wouldnt boot so found the 85w one and just "tested" it connected only to mobo...it worked :eek: mobo used to be connected with 4 power points now seems to boot with only one 20 pin in.

Got new Antec 550 and it doesnt boot.

With hiper i get one led on the mobo continously.
    With antec i get flashing led
    with crappy one it works all 4 come on and it boots afaik, have 8800 gtx and not gonna chance wrecking that with the 85w.

Any ideas?

im staring blankly into case with psus in hand.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

maybe the antec isnt working. Or all 4 lights come on when it notices the psu isnt powerfull enough ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It allows the 85w compaw thing to boot it no problem,the antec gets nowt but a flashing light at 550w it should be fine.

The hiper could also be working, gonna test the bigger ones in the pos compaq to narrow it down to borkled mobo.

EDIT both power the pos compaq.

feck :(

anyone buying or selling the 939 mobos!!!

kdjac

Advertisement