Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midlands ISSF Style Competition

• 11-02-2008 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Competed in the above competition yesterday, and a great day was had by all. Not as easy as you would think especially using a full-bore. The other thing was getting used to only firing 30rds in 66 mins when you are used to more energetic disciplines. Takes a bit of getting used to, as shown by my scores, increasing after every detail. Shot better scores using full-bore than some (not all) of the smallbore shooters.
    Looking forward in anticipation of the next competition.

Thanks to all, who helped organise and run it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Good to hear Cantona.

Have they posted the results yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I have heard tell of such ISSF style fullbore comps.

Sounds interesting. What is allowed? Semis, Revolvers, Compensators?

30 Rounds in 66 minutes. Jaysus - you could clean your gun between each shot - although ...... I remember shooting an NARGC Benchrest rifle before where we had 30 minutes for a 25 round target. I went for a cuppa after the start buzzer as I figured I had time. Ended up running out if time with 4 targets to go :(

B'Man

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Bananaman wrote: »

Sounds interesting. What is allowed?

Here are the rules.
    Semis?

Yes.
    Revolvers?

Yes
    Compensators?

Not in the 25m centre-fire event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sounds interesting. What is allowed? Semis, Revolvers, Compensators?

30 Rounds in 66 minutes. Jaysus - you could clean your gun between each shot - although ...... I remember shooting an NARGC Benchrest rifle before where we had 30 minutes for a 25 round target. I went for a cuppa after the start buzzer as I figured I had time. Ended up running out if time with 4 targets to go :(

B'Man

It's supposed to be 30 rounds in 30 minutes. 5 minutes for 5 shots, six times on the precision target and then 30 shots in 3 seconds for each shot on the rapid fire target. You also have a sighter series of 5 shots in five minutes or 3 seconds a shot before each stage.

You also get a 60 second load period before each string of five shots, and a seven second attention period before each shot or string of shots.

So the total time would be: 1+5:07 x 7 = 42:49 plus
    1+(5 x 0:10) x 7 = 12:50

Total time not including target changing - 55:39

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

And the thing about the slow-fire is that it's somewhat harder than the rapid-fire, because everyone else is aiming more easily as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

It sounds easy dosent it? All that time to fire 60 rounds. Wait until you try it!
    I am sure the guys there on the day will agree. Bloody difficult. You have to realise, 25 meters is no walk in the park. Then 42 minutes of raising your arm from a 45 degree angle to firing position, concentrating on sight picture and release, and back again. All this using (in my case) a 1.8kilo centerfire pistol.

Really enjoyed it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Hi Kryten

Carrots for the eye sight, Spinach for strenght, and get some sleep it all helps. :D

Tell the wife to keep the kids quiet, by way when the new one arrives imagine what effect that will have on the shooting :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 philydiver

Thinking of buying a Steyr ssg04 .308cal soon, appricate information on how well it shoots

Philydiver

Advertisement