Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell Haribo!?

• 11-02-2008 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭

Both my local Dunnes and Tesco have pushed the price on all their Haribo stuff in the last week from €1.65 - €1.70 to a whopping €2.15!

Yes.. all our favourites have been affected. Starmix, Kiddies Super Mix, MicroMix, Goldbears, Fangtastics etc.

Feckin' outrage.. I adore the Haribo stuff but don't think I could be arsed in paying this much for them.

So.. there I was on a jelly binge in Dunnes with the prospect of paying €2.15 for Haribo being (pardon the pun) a little difficult to swallow. So glanced around the shelves and spotted my other favourites, Maoam Stripes, which have also been pushed up from about €1.75 (or so) to €1.96 but that isn't too bad as there's plenty in a packet of Maoam Stripes.

sn024.jpg

Also picked up some Trolli Gummi Bears too..... yummmmmmy!

Back on topic.. Haribo, what's the deal-i-o here then?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That's pretty bad! They sell here for about £1. I saw them in the airport for £1.75!! And there's a chain of stores called FarmFoods where you can get sweets ridiculously cheap - they sell 2 bags for £1!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SuperValu are 2 for 1 at the minute!! 1.69 is the price!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rub it in my face, why don't you Faith?! :(

The only thing I can think of is Brian Cowen put forth a jelly tax in the Budget. Wouldn't put it past him... he can reduce our stamp duty on credit / ATM / debit cards all he wants. But our jellies... he's gone TOO FAR this time!
    jonny24ie wrote:
    SuperValu are 2 for 1 at the minute!! 1.69 is the price!! :D
    Yeah, but no SuperValu really near me unfortunately! :(

And I'd imagine they'll be pushed up even more when that offer ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Are they definitely the same size bag?

There are slightly lighter bags around, maybe thats what the last price was for?

Pacifico wrote: »
    Yeah, checked that. They're the standard 227g bags I always got.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pacifico wrote: »

There are slightly lighter bags around, maybe thats what the last price was for?

Yeah, I think the ones in Farm foods are slightly smaller, but not very noticably.

I only ever see those smaller bags in vending machines, like in the cinemas and Dublin Airport always have them in their machines.

Charge €2 for them normally.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

aldi sell them pretty cheap too. Sorry not sure the price. can't buy jellies anymore cos I eat the whole bag and then get a tummy ache!!!:(

Got a massive tub of Tesco Value Jellies.

They're not actually bad - big tub of them for about €3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Got thru an enormous bag of goldbears whilst skiing in italy for a week recently...absolute quality. Got a nice snap of each individual colour lined up in the snow too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

basquille, you can get a carton type box of Starmix in the €2 shops if your near any. contains 2 300G bags :)

haribo-starmix-carton.jpg

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

My lil son will love this thread as his nickname is 'Haribo ' .

He will think this it's all about him ahhhhhhhhhhhh :D

Advertisement