Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

repeating exam + portfolio assessment

• 11-02-2008 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

repeating chemistry in june not for points,just for subject. does anyone know if this has to be filled in on the online cao application form?
    also,what's the story with portfolio assessments,i've made my applications already but do the colleges ring with an appointment? and are you supposed to bring the portfolio/send it? and if you hae to send it does that mean you have to make colour photocopies of everything? not repeadting in school so i haven't been given the information:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Portfolio depends where it's going.
    For IADT/DIT/NCAD you have to bring it in, the college wont contact you, it's up to you to find out about it. The NCAD deadline is past (was last Friday), the other two are in March I think. For NCAD, you hand it in and you can come and pick it up a couple weeks later, same for DIT (only I think you only have to wait a day or two, not sure), for IADT you hand it in and get it back on the same day iirc.
    If you send it, you have to send the originals, I believe. My sister sent her portfolio to a university in England, we had to get a special box made to transport it over.
    For the senior colleges, I think the case tends to be that you bring the portfolio to the interview with you, but don't quote me on that, you need to find out the details for the course you want to do.

I think the CAO might have an option somewhere for putting in details of past LC results, not sure. I advise reading ye olde CAO handbook/website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

see that's the thing,im applying to cit and dit and loads more colleges in and around dublin.the portfolio ass. for those colleges are all 6th/7th of march i think,does that mean i have to bring it to all of them over two days?

as for the cao its going completely over my head,and i cant edit anything until march i think....thanks for the reply though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hm. I would have thought the colleges time it so your portfolio doesn't need to be in two places at once.. I guess if they're clashing, ring them up and see what you can do, maybe send in your portfolio a bit later/earlier if it's possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

My work here is done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

that you lazyfingers?
    i though i said no spying:mad:
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ha I couldn't stop myself! Well at least ya got your advice, I told ya you would.

I rock! Oh yeaaa... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

chemistry would only need to be included on your cao if you are doing it as a subject requirement for a particular college course.

Advertisement