Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Parking in Dublin

Options
  • 11-02-2008 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any proper secure places for locking bikes in Dublin City Centre, even with a charge? In a train station perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Pearse street train station, pay €10, leave tyour details and they give you a key for their secure bike parking area. Try square wheel in temple bar as well, its a bike repair shop but I'm not sure if they do bike parking as well?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

pete4130 wrote: »
    Try square wheel in temple bar as well, its a bike repair shop but I'm not sure if they do bike parking as well?

I think I seen a sign about that last time I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Bearing in mind all their talk of encouraging cycling, I wonder if the City Council has any plans to provide a service like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

The bike racks at Pearse St Garda station have always been fairly secure in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

beans wrote: »
    The bike racks at Pearse St Garda station have always been fairly secure in my experience

I'm really asking on behalf of the girlfriend who is starting another job on the opposite side of the city to her job so it would be handy to be able to get the Dart into town from Job A, cycle to Job B, cycle back to town and then get the Dart the opposite way home again. It would necessitate leaving the bike in town overnight several nights per week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭markpb

The bike area beside the GPO on Prices St has always been fine for me. That combined with a good lock, possibly two and she should be fine. I've accidentally left my bike unlocked overnight there twice and had no problems.

Advertisement