Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fools

Options
  • 11-02-2008 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Personal Opinion: too much black (between the leather, windows, alloys, cars itself, even the chrome grille surround is gone) Also the ///M badge on the front looks crooked, says to me "tacky". Would prefer to see 330d on the back rather than ///M thing.

But looks in good nick - don't doubt it drives well. Also the price (even including VRT) is keen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

RonanPJ wrote: »
    Trying to sell this car, http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=928841 took it a a trade against my own car, what do people think??

Very nice, I am currently selling my 320D M Sport which spec-wise is identical to yours except 2 litre instead of 3 !

v10 wrote: »
    Very nice, I am currently selling my 320D M Sport which spec-wise is identical to yours except 2 litre instead of 3 !

There would be a slight bias then ... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Not too many people will be happy about spending 45 grand with a private seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Nice car although the privacy glass and the alloys are a bit Chavvy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would image most potential buyers in the market for that motor will sit tight until at least July when the VRT rate will be reduced along with the rate of road tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

jayok wrote: »
    There would be a slight bias then ... :D
    maybe a little .. the M Badges aren't standard and are put there by someone who wants to let people know its an M Sport. From the forecourt it would either say 330d or nothing.

v10 wrote: »
    maybe a little .. the M Badges aren't standard and are put there by someone who wants to let people know its an M Sport. From the forecourt it would either say 330d or nothing.

Yeah, that's my point. It just remind me of people that put "Turbo" stickers on their Fiesta or Micra or something - just a little Chavy (personal opinion!). I know the BMW is a M-Sport or something, but why bother to advertise? (I've an M-Sport and no badge cause if you know your BMWs, you'll know it without the sticker). What does it say about the driver then?

The only M-badge worth advertising is M3, M5 or M6 :)

Having said all of the above ^^^^. Some people think a car can never have enough black and that badges are vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

These are the exact reasons im not keeping it to drive myself, way too tacky but i thought somebody might fancy de BATMOBILE lol

Fantastic car do!!

I was just about to say it reminded me of the BatMobile!! lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I've an M-Sport and no badge cause if you know your BMWs, you'll know it without the sticker
    Let us in on the secret.. how do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

bazz26 wrote: »
    I would image most potential buyers in the market for that motor will sit tight until at least July when the VRT rate will be reduced along with the rate of road tax.

+1, its a lovely car, but a fair wack of VRT. Will this change much post July and will the road tax change? Might be worth running it for a few months and the moving it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

At first glance I thought, Rover 75. I think thats down to the wheels. Apart from that I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

not a fan of the half tint. the drivers side need to be more tinted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

S8300039.JPG

I'd say that if you get rid of those knackery looking 19" wheels and get a set of the standard 18" BMW Mtec wheels, you'd have a sweet car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What was his 'Geuine reason for sale'?

... 'Need to make a quick few bob and can't afford teh VRT'? :D

-Edit- Just copped that that's probably your own ad, not the origional one, hence there is a genuine reason for sale, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

These are the exact reasons im not keeping it to drive myself, way too tacky but i thought somebody might fancy de BATMOBILE lol

Fantastic car do!!

Stop the crap buddy we know you are selling cars come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Yeah change the wheels, way too much black.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Fantastic car do!!
    How come you bought it in the first place?? :confused:

fletch wrote: »
    How come you bought it in the first place?? :confused:

Isin't it illegal for an Irish resident to sell a car on UK plates in Ireland?

OP: As far as I know you must register that car before selling it, could be wrong though

• Advertisement

JHMEG wrote: »
    Let us in on the secret.. how do you know?

The M-Sport has a body kit and 18" MV2 alloys. Fairly handy to spot! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You were probably not too clever in taking a foreign reg. car as a trade in.

It'll be difficult to sell, as the price and value of these will reduce post June.

You were probably not too clever in taking a foreign reg. car as a trade in.

It'll be difficult to sell, as the price and value of these will reduce post June.

Also unless he has a TAN he must register it within 24 hours. Wouldn't be too hard for Customs to phone him up pretending to to be interested in buying the veichle and then seizing it when they 'meet' ... d'oh!

i live in the north of ireland.... thought it was the responsibility of the buyer to duty pay it if they are buying it out of northern ireland??

i ended up with the car as i took it as a trade in against my 535d...

Is that Carzone ad yours or the previous owner?

Ad has an Irish mobile number and say's it's in Louth?

Yeah, that's my point. It just remind me of people that put "Turbo" stickers on their Fiesta or Micra or something - just a little Chavy (personal opinion!). I know the BMW is a M-Sport or something, but why bother to advertise? (I've an M-Sport and no badge cause if you know your BMWs, you'll know it without the sticker). What does it say about the driver then?

The only M-badge worth advertising is M3, M5 or M6 :)

Trim levels might be slightly different in the UK to what is offered here, its the case with many other marques.

In anycase it is an M sport anyways.
    HPI CHECK wrote:
    Make
    BMW
    Year of manufacture
    Model
    330D M SPORT AUTO
    Engine size(CC)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Ronan - your dealing in cars.
    Advertising high end vehicles on carzone and then "pretending" to gauge opinions here.....

That BMW was exported from GB to Northern Ireland at end Sept 07 , so your customer only had it a few months.I'm always suspicious of cars that are exported and then sold on quickly under the guise of a "private" sale.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

RonanPJ banned for what (to me) appears to be trading (based on this and other threads)!
    Bye Bye!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement