Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far back to report accidents?

Options
  • 11-02-2008 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'm told that you don't have to report any accidents older than 5 years to existing insurance companys or when requesting a quote from new ones.

Is this correct? Can anyone confirm the law or whatever that explains this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Right, Quinn Direct got back to me and told me it's from the last 3 years.

For anyone else who has the same question down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Hypothetical question - if you have a protected NCB, and then proceed to have an accident and a claim against you, do you still have to report to an insurance company this accident occured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

cAr0l wrote: »
    Hypothetical question - if you have a protected NCB, and then proceed to have an accident and a claim against you, do you still have to report to an insurance company this accident occured?
    If they ask you and you sign a form saying you've had none, and you've had one, and they find out later on that you lied then your insurance is null and void pretty much.

Advertisement