Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "motors" forum ... are the first 3 pages of posts really from "today"?

Options
  • 11-02-2008 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Lads, is it me imagining things or are the first couple of the pages in the "motors" forum showing all last posts as from "today"?!?!?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How is that a problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye. All today. And when you get to page five or so, it's "yesterday"...

Yer not going mad.

Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Cars are so hot right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Yeah, sorry there guys and gals. All the posts are probably from today alright. Just looked a bit strange is all ... thought it might have been some software glitch or something.

Be kind to me, its fairly late in the country I'm currently in and bloody cold because I'm above the artic circle and I'm a bit drunk.

The demon drink strikes again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The Motors forum is a very busy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

We ran some stats recently. Conclusion: people drive cars AND post on internet forums. Lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have to admit, i noticed this myself yesterday. was surprised at the level of activity in there. good to see.

and they manage to not fight most of the time as well. i dont know how they do it :)

must be the lack of wimmin posting in there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Zing.
    Its a fair point well made though.
    Women suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

regi wrote: »
    We ran some stats recently. Conclusion: people drive cars AND post on internet forums. Lots.

Hopefully not at the same time though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

regi wrote: »
    eoin_s wrote: »
    Hopefully not at the same time though.

LOL ... just thinking the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Women suck.
    Indeed. :D

Freudian slip?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

apparently its the cause of a lot of crashes.
    women sucking while men are driving. its actually statistically safer to post and drive at the same time.

FACT!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Right now, the first three pages are from yesterday. Weird or what?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

i have to admit, i noticed this myself yesterday. was surprised at the level of activity in there. good to see.
    Yea, back when I first started to mod the Comp/Tech forum it had the 2nd highest post count after AH. Now it's 4th, with Motors and Soccer over taking it. Not surprised at Soccer as it was always a close third before. But Motors has def taken off in the last 12 months or so.

The fragmentation of Comp/Tech prob didn't help it's fall from grace either. But it's about quality, not quantity. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Motors has always been pretty popular, even back when it was just a single forum under the "After Hours" category. As said though it's definitely exploded in recent times.

I guess now we get a lot of young guys who've just gotten their first car and are all enthusiastic. We're probably also getting a lot more traffic from non-techie and non-music people.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

seamus wrote: »
    We're probably also getting a lot more traffic from non-techie and non-music people.
    I can't believe that took until post 17

:)

smashey wrote: »
    Indeed. :D

Freudian slip?

whoops.
    I am pro-feminist though. Yay Feminism.
    **waves bra**

Not only suck, but suck, squeeze, bang, and blow...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It was a lot worse when I had my old van, the first 13 pages were all "today" and all started by me :D

• Advertisement

Now now now. Lets not... U know... speak our minds or anything.
    Women rule. and work, and play, and advertise things really well, and have, you know, a mind and stuff.
    Yay women.
    Hail women.
    My women tis of thee.
    I have a dream, it involves women.
    If only words were enough.

**waves bra again**

I like the OP edit, makes the thread seem less foolish :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Poker used to be pretty much the same until a good chunk of the traffic was siphoned off into subfora. The top few forums are quite busy alright it would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The motors forum was one of the busier forums when I joined boards.ie with at least a couple of people on line at most times :)

It was nowhere near the busiest forums though back then. Since the start of last year I noticed the motors section getting busier and busier over time. Just for the craic, I random checked the number of online users over the last 3 months and I found it busier than after hours on most occasions. If this is true, maybe an admin can state that the motors section is now officially the busiest on boards.ie? :eek:

Ask regi.

He ran the figures lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

unkel wrote: »
    I random checked the number of online users over the last 3 months
    Get a life! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 65,429 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

irlrobins wrote: »
    Get a life! :p

**** off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think motors got an influx of refugees when the likes of motornet shut down their forums too. Its the first forum I visit on boards every day :)

Advertisement