Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are they building in there...

Options
  • 11-02-2008 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what is going to be in the space beside Penneys in the Eyre Square Centre? I'm dead curious, as it's been used for everything from a space to sell old calenders to Benetton clothes...I just about remember the steps that used to be there...anyone know?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

They have subscriptions to those magazines...Top marks on the Tom Waits reference.

Is this where the Bank used to be in the Squenter? Jesus I used to live in that place when we were in school. Supervalu rolls and Sexy Athena Girl. Classic times. Crazy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

And whats going in beside cuba? god i'm sick of the sight of those idiots on the posters now!! He knows.......!!! Well at least most of the drilling/excavating has stopped, by christ that was annoying!

and another thing, whats that smell on prospect hill... i'm sure someone out there has sensed something there too???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

how long has the work been going on beside cuba, it seems like forever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Anyone know what is going to be in the space beside Penneys in the Eyre Square Centre? I'm dead curious, as it's been used for everything from a space to sell old calenders to Benetton clothes...I just about remember the steps that used to be there...anyone know?

Well they are renovating Penneys(about time) so maybe they are extending out into that space? That's what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I hear it's going to be a Quasar arena !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

an asylum centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

They're building a castle! And they're gonna keep it hidden for 4 years and then reveal it to the world

Wait a minute.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

m83 wrote: »
    And whats going in beside cuba? god i'm sick of the sight of those idiots on the posters now!! He knows.......!!!
    Looks like he'll be taking the secret to his grave at this rate. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

an asylum centre!

No thats what the Ibis hotel is going to be. Barry Motors bought it out and are renting it to the government for asylum seekers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I heard they're rebuilding the G Hotel in there, brick by brick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote: »

FACT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Their expanding Penneys.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

Next to cuba they're building commercial and residential properties from what i can remember (altough it could have possibly changed from ages ago) there use to be a website showing what the building will look like on completion...cant remember it now.

the models on the hoarding beside cuba are irritating though! stock photos ya gotta hate them....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Also what are they digging up on the left as you go over the bridge in Oranmore village opposite Supervalu, loads of JCB digging up the ground/pitches there

they're digging up nazi gold.

dont tell anyone, it's a secret

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Achtung, schnell, schnell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

i believe it's the holy grail

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Any ideas about the site at the bottom of Merchants Road where the old judo club used to be? Someone told me it was going to be a new music venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

That idea had been doing the rounds for a couple of years now. I know on the big board that had on the site a few years back it said it was to be used as such, so it seems to have faded away....would love to know!

DonalN wrote: »
    I hear it's going to be a Quasar arena !!

Now that would be pretty awesome.
    JIZZLORD wrote: »
    how long has the work been going on beside cuba, it seems like forever

It has to be a good year or so. They've started building into the night-time too.
    Robbo wrote: »

Haha, no, it's going to be called the 'E'
    the models on the hoarding beside cuba are irritating though! stock photos ya gotta hate them....

However, the captions on them are quite funny. My favourite has to be the "Weigh!" one

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

However, the captions on them are quite funny. My favourite has to be the "Weigh!" one

+1. I'm no fan of graffiti, but compared to the usual moronic tags, that one at least displays a bit of wit.

stock photos are always a great source of fun for captioning

Advertisement