Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Account suspended

• 11-02-2008 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

We have recently attempted to charge your Xbox Live Monthly Gold Membership service to the credit card on file for your account. Please accept this reminder that your credit card has passed its expiration date and needs to be updated. The following credit card is the current payment method on your billing account:

Credit card type: VISA

Avoid an interruption of your subscription services by updating your credit card information.

To update your credit card information:
    1. Select your gamer card.
    2. Select Account Management.
    3. Select Memberships.
    4. Select the membership you want to update.
    For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support or call Xbox Customer Support at 1 800 509 186.
    If you have already resolved this issue, please disregard this notice and accept our thanks.

2. Then on LIVE
    Your account has been suspended and access to LIVE blocked, please go to account management and change your memberships

3.Then in account management.
    You must sign into live to change memberships

Someone actually got paid to think of that ingenious system.

Bet its the same guy "no keyboard detected press any key to continue".

I actually want to give them money :|

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Why not deregister your credit card. Microsoft don't need that info anyway.
    Just buy the subscription card with a password in a store, easy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i cant get onto live so card useless as i cant get onto live, also credit card deregistering as i ehh cant get onto live.

:D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Oh, you're screwed so
    Gotta love Microsoft! :D

I guess you'll have to call the helpline tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

You should at least have a silver account so you can get on live, that is very strange.

Call them and act upset and they might give you a free controller. Or in my case when my headset broke i got a €200 Xbox 360 accesories briefcase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

you should still be able to sign into xbox live with your now silver account and update your billing info , use a pre paid sub etc..., or you can sign in on xbox.com and click on my xbox / manage profile / modify membership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Jeeeeeebus.
    When my acc got blocked for fraudulent activity (never told me what it was) it took me 8 phone calls over 2 weeks to get it sorted. Now my mate is in the same boat ! There support is really poor , its as if all they train them to say is ''thank you for calling Microsoft have a great day'' and the rest they just let them figure out for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I had to update my CC info as I got a new card, worked no bother, cant remember how I did it though, think it was through the dash....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

going to www.xbox.com might be easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

how do u de-register a card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

how do u de-register a card?
    Ring xbox support.

If there is an option in the dash I clearly missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

kaimera wrote: »
    Ring xbox support.

If there is an option in the dash I clearly missed it.
    Yeah - you have to Ring Xbox support. There's no way to do it in the Dash or Xbox.com. It's one reason I use the prepaid cards, it just automatically bounces back to a Silver when it expires.

I have to agree the menus and on-screen prompts you had to go through, kdjac, are class.
    I think the person who designed that scheme deserves a medal! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

When my account got suspended due to the card having expired I don't think I could change any of the card details via the dashboard, but I could do it via xbox.com from your profile page -> Manage Profile -> Billing and Contact Information -> My Billing Information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Just looking at xbox.com robinph, and I dont see any cc detail option anywhere.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Once you click on the My Billing Information link it should take you to a different site billing.microsoft.com. You can log in directly to that site though with your Live! id and it should show your your card details and there is an option there to edit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Xbox.com worked

kdjac

Advertisement