Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Outdo Themselves Again (Impact Spoilers)

• 12-02-2008 2:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

So TNA had a PPV on Sunday night and it was pretty damn good. Apart from a few bits anyway, such as the repeated interference and ref bumps in the main event. But it was a good show nonetheless, lacking in any bad comedy or stupid angles. The World X Cup is coming back too, so I'm in a good mood about TNA

So I check out the Impact spoilers a few minutes ago, and...AJ Styles has married Karen Angle. I'm back to where I was before with how I felt about TNA. Impact last week had a really good AJ match and he wasn't acting like an idiot, but this week he ends up married to the champion's wife. Kurt and Karen were renewing their vows, Nash and Joe interrupted, the minister dropped his glasses and couldn't see when he pronounced AJ and Karen husband and wife

This isn't some midcard comedy angle, this involves their champion! AAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thats frickin hilariously bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They should just get Lance Storm in as both head of creative and booker in there.

Every time he does a piece on TNA it makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

simply because the man is god!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

That was the best wedding in wrestling history, it brought a tear to my eye. AJ and Karen, what a happy couple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Hahaha, TNA. What a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Why is Shark Boy acting all like Stone Cold..with the music and everything...Oh ya..tis a joke...A person called Curry Man..Jebus Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Curry man has been around since like 1999 you cant blame TNA or Russo for that one as much as you would like to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I was watching small bits last night of Impact and Tomko said he'd join Kurts alliance..Isnt Christian supposed to be in that too ya..Well then why was there a tag match later on going to be Tomko and AJ vs Christian and Samoa Joe..The match didnt happen cause Christian was "assaulted" before the match...but still..the idea is stupid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

callaway92 wrote: »
    I was watching small bits last night of Impact and Tomko said he'd join Kurts alliance..Isnt Christian supposed to be in that too ya..

No, Christian used to have his "Christian Coalition", which was the same as the "Angle Alliance" except with Christian instead of Kurt

Since TNA have made Christopher Daniels look useless since 2006, Curry Man is a welcome relief. They're letting him be a lot more entertaining now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

anyone spot the dubs jersey during the cornette/joe/christian segment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Apart from the last 10 minutes I actually quite enjoyed impact this week. There are still obviously problems but it was a much better effort than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

I thought it was a good show. Hate all that nascar stuff, who was that commentator sounded like JR, "my gawd he lifted him up on his shoulders thats' pure strenght.

Rellik (that's killer spelt backwards), his promo was lame, should never have opened his mouth. What type of mad yolk drinks martini's??

Rock and Rave infection should be expanded on. Hoyt as Slash and they should strap Rave with a grunge gimmick, kinda looks a bit like Kurt Cobain pre shotgun kiss. They could work well as a light hearted comedy team, glad they dropped the whole Hemme/Hoyt crap.

Daniels as Curry Man is much more entertaining I think. But I hope it's not the last of the Fallen Angel gimmick.

Abyss loosing his mask is a bad idea I think, he's worked real hard to become the monster of TNA. Loosing the mask would hurt him bad I think.

Strom vs Rhino, Elevation X. Do we really need this? Excellent promo by Rhino, but I think a match like this jumps the gun a bit.

Right, here's what should happen now:

Karen gets arrested for polygamy, but the charges will be dropped if they can sort out who she is really married to. Cue a Karen-on-a-Pole match, or a ladder match to get a marriage contract. You could probably even have interference so that another TNA maineventer gets dragged into this affair by stealing Karen/the contract. Then, with a little bit of luck, viewers and audiences will turn away from TNA, it'll fold up and we'll never have our lives assaulted by it's garbage again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If you dont like it,uhhhh,dont watch it.

Quite simple when you think about it.

nedtheshed wrote: »

The problem is that I really was liking it after last Sunday. Although as MikeHoncho and rizzla said, it wasn't that bad this week. I could just do without the wedding stuff, Kurt doesn't need it as he's meant to be feuding with Joe now, not AJ

Uhh, I don't actually watch it anymore. That doesn'y mean its very existence doesn't continue to annoy me.

b.ie polar wrote: »
    That doesn'y mean its very existence doesn't continue to annoy me.

Wow, your life must be incredibly dull!

rizzla wrote: »
    Wow, your life must be incredibly dull!
    Wow, burn.

Can a mod put a stop to this muppetry before it goes any further? I'm bored of it already.

Can a mod put a stop to this muppetry before it goes any further? I'm bored of it already.

Yet, you felt the need to post? A little bit inane, no?!?

Back on topic though,

I'm guessing the Angle Alliance will hopefully fall out, or be destroyed by Joe's team at Destinantion X. A good faction needs to first be successful so the fans then care about it's demise, but TNA really just jumped to the end. Even though the Alliance contains the tag and TNA champs, it's just been non-stop dysfunctional behaviour.

I like a good faction though, i just hope they tone down the slapstick/situation comedy. That type of comedy can be used with the comedy characters they already have, of which there are plenty too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Uhh, I don't actually watch it anymore. That doesn'y mean its very existence doesn't continue to annoy me.

Thats fair enough but they are obviously doing something right if they get people talking about em.

I do agree on the comments about the unneccessary "comedy" bits,they are pointless especially when involving genuinely talented indiviuals.

Thats fair enough but they are obviously doing something right if they get people talking about em.
    I don't really agree. This isn't something like Billy and Chuck's wedding, where people will tune in to find out what the hell is going on. I can only really speak for myself, but hearing about stuff like this will only prevent me from watching TNA. When I hear about no-nonsense shows containing quality wrestling i might be interested in looking at it again.

When I hear about no-nonsense shows containing quality wrestling i might be interested in looking at it again.

They don't exist, there's always some nonsense with pro wrestling. Wearing masks, comedy characters and soap opera like storylines. If you want reality, you should look elsewhere than pro wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

They say drunk sayings = sober thoughts, so, here goes.

'**** tna, and everyone involved with this joke of a company. i hate you all.

The entire angle wasn't done as a comedy angle. It was done a little seriously.

I read a couple of TNA house show reports from this week and they sound like such good shows! All positive reviews, and it's not surprising as every match had a clean finish and there were none of the stuff that makes their tv shows bad

TNA: AJ And Karen On Their Honeymoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRsC5aL-1is

AJ is such a charmer.

Advertisement