Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Smarties (with blue ones)

• 12-02-2008 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Is it just me or are these new smarties more chocolatey than normal and actually not so nice? I hope i got a bad bunch of 5 and normal service will be resumed shortly. That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

dango wrote: »
    Is it just me or are these new smarties more chocolatey than normal and actually not so nice? I hope i got a bad bunch of 5 and normal service will be resumed shortly. That is all.

Yeah they're not as nice anymore.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

all the unhealthy colouring that made it taste good is gone. Did I read the blue ones get their colour from seaweed.....tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

and crushed beetles of course :rolleyes:
    Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Smarties are awful now. I had them for the first time in years last week they were nearly all blue, and tasted wrong without all those lovely artificial colours and flavours.

and crushed beetles of course :rolleyes:
    Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lovely thought of course with the crushed beatles smarties....I see them appearing as a challenge on that celebrity jungle programme any day now.

I take it from the rolled eyes you doubt me about the seaweed so heres proof:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/11/nsmarties111.xml

• Advertisement

by the way, does anyone remember some story years ago about a certain smartie colour being worse than the others because it made you hyper or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ha.. myself and the girlfriend were in Rome last weekend and got a big tube of Smarties in duty-free on the way back.

And we were just saying how they're really chocolatey and not nearly as nice!

:(

basquille wrote: »
    Ha.. myself and the girlfriend were in Rome last weekend and got a big tube of Smarties in duty-free on the way back.

And we were just saying how they're really chocolatey and not nearly as nice!

:(

See, that's what you get for buying Smarties in Duty Free. Duty Free is for giant Toblerones!

I don't mind the thought of weird things being used to colour the Smarties, but only if they make they taste nice. Which they dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

to be fair, sweets have been using cochineal (made from crushed beetles) for years and years and years, in your Skittles and Smarties etc, so you've all been eating it and loving it.

i mean, you do know what sausage skin is made of right? or black pudding?

who cares? tastes great!

Beerlao wrote: »
    to be fair, sweets have been using cochineal (made from crushed beetles) for years and years and years, in your Skittles and Smarties etc, so you've all been eating it and loving it.

who cares? tastes great!

Exactly! They do taste great! Except blue smarties.

• Advertisement

Beerlao wrote: »

who cares? tastes great!

I didn't know that actually until you said it just now and goggled it. I thought Emeraldstar was just extracting the urine in her comment above when she said the same thing. I'm nearly afraid now in case someone comes along and tells me cream eggs are made with rat hair or something. Im aware of the sausage and black pudding though but tend to ignore it for obvious reasons. Ignorance is bliss at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

ekevosu wrote: »
    I didn't know that actually until you said it just now and goggled it. I thought Emeraldstar was just extracting the urine in her comment above when she said the same thing. I'm nearly afraid now in case someone comes along and tells me cream eggs are made with rat hair or something. Im aware of the sausage and black pudding though but tend to ignore it for obvious reasons. Ignorance is bliss at times.
    rat semen, actually :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

new smarties are bleagh, someone please bring back the old ones, I used to eat them by the box full now I don't touch them

Advertisement