Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone help me find out about this phone number

• 12-02-2008 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I rekon its something to do with eircom phone watch it dials each evening around 10pm for 5 - 10 seconds.

can anyone confirm.

ps. dont have sky box connected to phoneline.

tks

Neonitrix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

Can you be a bit more descriptive,

Where did you get the number from, how do you know the number dials at 10pm everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

just got issued an itemised phonebill and its everyday at 10pm - it must be the eircom phonewatch but want to make 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

I called it and there's what sounds lile a pc at the far end so I'd say your right but if you want to make really sure call Eircom and query it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

More details.. How long does the call stay live for..Is it costing much on the bill? Have you broadband or dial up pc access?..

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

JohnnieM wrote: »
    More details.. How long does the call stay live for..Is it costing much on the bill? Have you broadband or dial up pc access?..

Each call is lasting between 5 and 10 seconds costing about 2 - 3 quid on my smart telecom bill - am with smart broadband so its not a dialer program on my pc.

Neonitrix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Three Quid for ten seconds 30 days a month thats 90 quid. Theres something wrong here. Call Eircom quick. I had a similar problem not PhoneWatch which was resolved with a call.

hitbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Do have a second PC connected to your line via a modem, as in not broadband? You could have malware, but the PC would have to be switched on for this.

If you have a phone watch system it is more than likely that as these systems tend to do an integrity tests in case of people disabling them. As previous posters said get on to phone watch straight away and at least rule it out..

The other thing is if your with smart see this could be a free call within the eircom network but they might charge other providers for it. Otherwise Im sure we would have heard about it in the media. Your obviously familiar with sky, it does dial out but its a free phone number, eircom being eircom though I wouldnt be surprised if this was a stelth revenue stream. 30 euro a year per house buy a hundred thousand users, hmmm (carry over the 1!!) thats 30 mill

Advertisement