Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundamental Rights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

Has anyone got any views on this;

http://www.infowars.com/?p=194

coming to The 'New' Ireland soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭rigormortis

N8 wrote: »
    coming to The 'New' Ireland soon...

Correct, but all for the good of the masses at large........ An absolute horror show.

enslavement of the masses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eero

enslavement of the masses...

Thats the way the masses want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Didn't you post this in AH too?
    Eero wrote: »
    Ah, yet another alter ego.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Eero wrote: »

I seriously doubt it. I'd imagine that most people expect the police to act according to the law they are meant to uphold.

djpbarry wrote: »
    Didn't you post this in AH too?
    Have you got a problem with this? And I'll even answer your next question, it is not spamming, it is gathering a range of opinions.
    Ah, yet another alter ego.

I am sure our good friend OB would have site banned both if he thought they were the same person, so yet again you are in the wrong.

Have you any comments on the subject of this thread or are you just here to cause friction?

sovtek wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it. I'd imagine that most people expect the police to act according to the law they are meant to uphold.

Well then why do they constantly refuse to stand up against such violations. Silence is consent, always has been.

Have you any comments on the subject of this thread or are you just here to cause friction?
    Fine. I think it is an extremely biased report that seems to be very light on facts.

Fine. I think it is an extremely biased report that seems to be very light on facts.

Its not the first or last time we have heard of such brutality.

• Advertisement

Do you believe everything you see on television?

it may well be: no previous, wife of a school teacher, she was the victim of an assault, her cousin called the police, an officer took her dead sister's ID off her then told her to shut up about her dead sister, arrested her when she wouldn't then stripped her naked and left her in a cell solitary overnight in pain (from the assault) without medical attention, without a sheet even to cover her....

Brian Rossiter anyone?

fair point but far from isolated in the US and becoming increasingly common here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Well then why do they constantly refuse to stand up against such violations. Silence is consent, always has been.

Actually there are various groups that do speak up about issues of police brutality and other such repressive actions of the government. You might not always hear about it.

:D

sovtek wrote: »
    Actually there are various groups that do speak up about issues of police brutality and other such repressive actions of the government. You might not always hear about it.

True. That is again the role played by the media, somewhat of a filtering medium. A point has long since been reached where enough is enough.

...she was the victim of an assault, her cousin called the police, an officer took her dead sister's ID off her then told her to shut up about her dead sister, arrested her when she wouldn't then stripped her naked and left her in a cell solitary overnight in pain (from the assault) without medical attention, without a sheet even to cover her....
    According to the "victim". The point is we don't really know what happened and, as such, discussing any crime that may or may not have taken place is pointless because we don't have all the facts. We might as well be discussing an article in today's News of the World.
    fair point but far from isolated in the US and becoming increasingly common here in Ireland.
    Biased reporting? Absolutely.
    That is again the role played by the media, somewhat of a filtering medium.
    And yet you are prepared to take this particular video at face value, even though you admit that the media are far from perfect?

According to the "victim". The point is we don't really know what happened and, as such, discussing any crime that may or may not have taken place is pointless because we don't have all the facts. We might as well be discussing an article in today's News of the World.

There will always be two sides to any story. In this case the video evidence was released by the Sheriff.
    And yet you are prepared to take this particular video at face value, even though you admit that the media are far from perfect?

You have to analyse the situation. What had this particular news station to gain by reporting this event. In my opinion only for the fact of unquestionable evidence they would not have became involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

There will always be two sides to any story. In this case the video evidence was released by the Sheriff.

Which only reinforces the point that they had nothing to hide and were simply doing their job. But the media picked it up and ran with it, with no fair side to the story from the sheriff himself.
    You have to analyse the situation. What had this particular news station to gain by reporting this event. In my opinion only for the fact of unquestionable evidence they would not have became involved.

They had lot's to gain, in as far as news stations are concerned. They had it as an exclusive. And they therefore gain viewers. Which let's face it, is all that matters in tv land a lot of the time.

I think it's a incredibly biased report, with the wrong ideas in mind on the news stations part, and over-hyped.

I see no physical wrong-doing in the video towards the woman at all, other than the fact that she was in cuffs, which is enforced by the fact that she was clearly not cooperating and has been charged with even resisting the initial arrest.

Mirror wrote: »
    I see no physical wrong-doing in the video towards the woman at all

After you make a statement like that I can only conclude that you are trolling. Go to the soccer forum or I assume there is a celebrity forum also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

After you make a statement like that I can only conclude that you a trolling. Go to the soccer forum or I assume there is a celebrity forum also.
    Instead of just being an imbicile about it and accusing me of trolling, why don't you provide some sort of support for your argument.

Debating lessons to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

http://www.infowars.com/?p=194

I think its great ...

Wait, was that the wrong answer?

Women are regularly strip searched by male gardai?

Wicknight wrote: »
    Women are regularly strip searched by male gardai?

I think he was referring to police brutality, even sited a case if I remember correctly.

I think he was referring to police brutality, even sited a case if I remember correctly.

And police brutality is becoming increasingly common in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Rigormortis, next time you create a thread please remember to place your own opinion in the opening post. If I see another thread with a link and "Discuss." placed after it the thread will be locked.

If you think someone is trolling report the post and do not make any comment about it on the thread.

Please pay attention to ^^ or you'll end up banned soon enough.

Moriarty wrote: »
    Rigormortis, next time you create a thread please remember to place your own opinion in the opening post. If I see another thread with a link and "Discuss." placed after it the thread will be locked.

If you think someone is trolling report the post and do not make any comment about it on the thread.

Please pay attention to ^^ or you'll end up banned soon enough.

Did not know there was a problem with this. The problems normally start when I state my opinions:D. Duly noted.

And police brutality is becoming increasingly common in Ireland?

It is rampant everywhere. You see a lot of people in authority seem to believe that they are above the law. And they are correct in a lot of cases.

I think its great ...

Wait, was that the wrong answer?
    :D
    He cited ONE case, which, as far as I know, is still under investigation. One case does not constitute widespread occurrence.
    It is rampant everywhere.
    Do you ever back up your statements with evidence? Please provide some sort of evidence that police brutality is rampant everywhere in Ireland.

Please provide some sort of evidence that police brutality is rampant everywhere in Ireland.

Shell to Sea, strike a bell?

• Advertisement

Shell to Sea, strike a bell?
    I presume you are referring to the clashes in November 2006? According to the RTE report of the incident, "a number of people were injured", but it doesn't say how. However, there were no reports of Gardaí capturing women and stripping them.

I still don't think we have uncovered the "rampant brutality" that you are referring to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement