Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundamental Rights

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

It is rampant everywhere.

As others have asked, can you quantify that in any meaningful way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭rigormortis

I already said it was an absolute disgrace. As for the charter, I apologized for that, as I said the problems normally start when I voice my views, not when I refrain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

djpbarry wrote: »
    I presume you are referring to the clashes in November 2006? According to the RTE report of the incident, "a number of people were injured", but it doesn't say how. However, there were no reports of Gardaí capturing women and stripping them.

I still don't think we have uncovered the "rampant brutality" that you are referring to.

I can't comment on the Shell to Sea incident(s) but I will remind people of May Day. I've also seen first hand how the guards descended upon two French guys with boots and fists that were doing nothing more than yelling at each other outside a club one late night (looked like a gay lovers spat to me).
    I've also seen how the bouncers got away with punching whomever didn't verbally agree to their door policy by the guards at Fitzsimmons in Temple Bar when I lived across the road from it.
    I got rolling eyes when I tried to tell a Ban Garda (spelling) one night that the two skinny Polish lads that the two bouncers had just beaten silly never once raised their fists or made any threatening moves against them.

Wicknight wrote: »
    As others have asked, can you quantify that in any meaningful way?

My personal experience, thats what I base a lot of opinions on. I don't have to be shown "reality" by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I don't have to be shown "reality" by the media.
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Is there any point in continuing?

• Advertisement

djpbarry wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Is there any point in continuing?

Probably not, you seem oblivious to the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Has anyone got any views on this;

http://www.infowars.com/?p=194
    ...you seem oblivious to the situation.
    Yes, I'm the oblivious one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

My personal experience, thats what I base a lot of opinions on.

Well unless you undertook some form of hands on research study into this issue your personal experience would be rather limited in this regard.

How many people have you met or recorded from news sources, that have been involved in cases of proven or alleged police brutality in Ireland in the last 10 years?

One what basis do you make the assessment that cases of police brutality are increasing? Do you have statistical evidence that you can compare different time frames to see an increase?
    Well possibly not, but it would be helpful to your argument if you could show us "reality" other than simply hear say on your part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Probably not, you seem oblivious to the situation.
    Unfortunately, it seems everyone else here, regardless of the side they are arguing, are more well informed and capable of having an intellectual conversation than you. And I use this thread as evidence to quantify that. You insult me, and neglect to respond to my points, and then swing blindly at the thread like a mole changing a lightbulb.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Hm. I forgot to Cat ban this genius from Soc; but then, I thought he'd be site banned by now.

/pokes the Smods.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement