Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights and power socket forr attic

Options
  • 12-02-2008 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Could I take power (or tap off) from the celling rose for the landing and with an in-line switch, use this to power 2 bulbs in the attic.

Or should I get power sockets installed and then power light from the sockets.

I'd like to get this done before flooring the attic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Yes, if you have a permanent live at the landing rose, otherwise attic light will only come on when landing light is on.
    If you supply an attic light from a socket circuit you must use a switched fused spur to isolate it, use a 5A fuse.
    good luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

I have found the best thing to do is put the attic lighyt on a led switch and site it on the landing ceiling. That way you can see without going into the attic if the light in it is on. You can also turn it on from outside before going into the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

I found a fixed supply in the attic which is used by the smoke alarm. Used 1.5mm twin and earth and wired 2 lights and a switch before flooring the attic. Looks the business but the attic will only be used for storage so once it's in order, the lights won't be used that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Still, lights in the attic are a godsend when you have them, nothing worse than fumbling around in the dark!!

Advertisement