Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trippy early Sesame Street

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭Archeron

Aw man! I remember some of those from the first time I saw them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

They used to use this primitive analogue computer called Scanimate to do some of the strange trippy graphics. Got used in alot of the company titles for TV shows too. My friends doing film and does all kinds of wierd **** in that style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPVZ4a59kIQ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

This is a legendary Sesame Street clip that was thought lost for years but resurfaced recently.It supposedly scared the bejasus out of loads of kids when it was first shown.Don't remember seeing it myself,anyone here recall seeing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

darkdubh wrote: »
    Don't remember seeing it myself,anyone here recall seeing it?
    Sesame Street used to receive shorts, both commissioned and non-commissioned from animation houses as first-cuts of proposed sketches.

They'd try them out with a test audience and if the results were good, they'd commission the animator to produce the final product.

This looks like an early draft of a sketch that didn't made the cut - look at the lack of background art and the colour of the background cell changing crudely at 1.04 suggesting a change to be illustrated later.

Good find all the same!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Sesame Street used to receive shorts, both commissioned and non-commissioned from animation houses as first-cuts of proposed sketches.

They'd try them out with a test audience and if the results were good, they'd commission the animator to produce the final product.

This looks like an early draft of a sketch that didn't made the cut - look at the lack of background art and the colour of the background cell changing crudely at 1.04 suggesting a change to be illustrated later.

Good find all the same!

It was aired allright,but maybe this footage is just a demo and not the full clip that was finally shown.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/crack_master_rarely_seen_1975_sesame_street_cartoon_supposedly_too_dark_for

• Advertisement
Advertisement