Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Daffodils this morning

• 12-02-2008 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    just spotted my first daffodils looming out of the mist as I went in the drive in work this morning. Just wondering has anyone else spotted signs of Spring springing? Must get a few pics.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Daffys have been popping up around Limerick and Clare for the last two weeks.

What really caught my eye was some birds nest building at the end of December and during January. I already have a pair of robins in residence in the open fronted box in the garden when normally it is mid March or later before that box has tenants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I read a letter in the Irish Times this week stating that the daffs were out in Donegal in December!! :eek:

This appears to be taking over from the first cuckoo call as the barometer for spring!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Wow, I thought I was first out of the block with the daffodils :) Obviously not!
    I must keep my eye out for other signs.
    My father is off down the Wexford slobs today so I should have an idea of what the winter bird life is like at the moment there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Cherry blossoms are on the trees as well. I thought these did not usually blossom for at least another month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, have been seeing daffs up for several weeks now.
    saw a bumblebee the other day, and it didn't look nearly big enough to be a queen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Daffs and snowdrops galore. Frogs sighted and buds swelling. Spring is in Louth. Just a few days earlier than recent years.

Daff were open in ST Stephen's Green Mid December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Aye - my Daffodils have been out since mid-January. "Spring is sprung, de grass is riz...".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I guess this is the first Spring that I'm working a 9-5 job and I can't get to see as much I would like to. Civilian life sucks :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I've not seen any daffodils out yet but they are coming close.

It's great to see all the tulips etc popping up out of the ground. The weather the last few days has been smashing too.

I LOVE SPRING:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

artieanna wrote: »
    I've not seen any daffodils out yet but they are coming close.

I LOVE SPRING:p

Haven't seen any daff flowers yet, but they are shooting up in the garden - so it's only a matter of time........

• Advertisement
Advertisement