Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Marathons, 6 Counties, 8 Months.

• 12-02-2008 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

April 6th - Connemara
    May 5th - Belfast
    May 26th - Newry
    June 2nd - Cork
    August 24th - Longford
    Oct 27th - Dublin

Anyone planning in doing all 6 marathons on this island this year?

By mile 20 on June 2nd in Cork one could be feeling the pain!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

It would be a nice one to do, but I wait til a year when I'm out of permission slips to travel and have an enforced stay in Ireland. I did'nt know there was a marathon in Newery is this a new event? What about yourself Abhainn are you going for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I'm with Odysseus - I like to fit in at least one overseas run a year...

Newry is being run for the first time this year. There is also a half in Achill that there is talk of turning into a full so this challenge will probably only get harder rather than easier.

Would be a good challenge for a charity fundraiser though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Odysseus wrote: »
    It would be a nice one to do, but I wait til a year when I'm out of permission slips to travel and have an enforced stay in Ireland. I did'nt know there was a marathon in Newery is this a new event? What about yourself Abhainn are you going for it?

While walking the dog last night I was thinking the 6 on one year would be an interesting challenge.

Yes Newry is an new event. At first glance, course profile looked ok.
    I'm with ye guys though, after Conn I hope to do one overseas probably Berlin.

Looking at a beginning tri's this summer. That reminds me , I must look at buying that bike..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

Not sure if this is a regular thing, but a guy in work sent this on to me yesterday
    http://clareburrenmarathonchallenge.com/
    May 24th full Marathon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

could make it a triple in just over a week with Clare, Newry & Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

that doesn't even bear thinking about hunny.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

well as someone said to me last week. When you think about it, you did over 3 marathons at the weekend!

Actually on a slightly related note (i.e. talking of doing silly things), I'm looking for a new challenge. I kind of want to do something that hasn't been done before. One thing I had at the back of my mind is a marathon in every EU state (something like the US 50 states club.) I'm not sure if it's possible, or if it's practical in one year but it's one of a few random ideas. Suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Whats your marathon pb hunny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

well as someone said to me last week. When you think about it, you did over 3 marathons at the weekend!

Actually on a slightly related note (i.e. talking of doing silly things), I'm looking for a new challenge. I kind of want to do something that hasn't been done before. One thing I had at the back of my mind is a marathon in every EU state (something like the US 50 states club.) I'm not sure if it's possible, or if it's practical in one year but it's one of a few random ideas. Suggestions welcome.

One of mine would be running from the western to the eastern Sahara, would keep me out of trouble for a while;) But the EU state one sounds very doable and just off the top of my head it sounds practical in terms that you wouldn't need a hugh amount of support people. You know what happens when you start thinking about things like that:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

paulksnn wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a regular thing, but a guy in work sent this on to me yesterday
    http://clareburrenmarathonchallenge.com/
    May 24th full Marathon.

Thanks for posting that looks great!

• Advertisement
Advertisement