Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing cat

Options
  • 12-02-2008 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Our cat has been missing since last Tuesday 5th February, from Charlesland Park. She is tabby, mainly light brown and black, 18 months old, and was wearing a pink collar with red disc. Put a sign up in Superquinn and have looked everywhere but no sign of her, maybe people could check their sheds just in case..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

Sorry to hear about your cat. You could stick some more signs up around the estate on the poles, more people will see them. Our cat went missing for a week before, we thought he was gone but we got him back thankfully. Im in the park too so will keep an eye out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 14twist

Hi, thanks for your message, nice to hear that your cat turned up after a week, gives us hope she might turn up yet...will put more signs up and hope for the best, also she is microchipped so if she turns up at a vet they will be able to identify her...fingers crossed, will let you know if she shows up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭TnJ

We'll keep an eye out aswell. We are in the grove and our black cat went missing last year for 3 weeks!!!!!

We were so upset and looked for him every day. Eventually he turned up in the Grove where a kind lady had taken him in and rang us as his number was on his collar.

We think he just strayed and got lost and couldn't find his way back. He doesn't go very far now I think he learned his lesson.

There is Hope...we'll keep looking for her, by the way what's her name?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

It would be handy if you could place a photo. It's really helpful in that kind of situations. Hope you're gonna find her. That's very good she is microchipped!

Hi, Thanks for the messages.
    Her name is Mocha, and the disc has her name and our mobile number, so hopefully if she is somewhere in Charlesland, someone will ring us.
    We did have a call from Superquinn, saying there was a cat like her outside the shop on Friday, so we have been down calling her but no sign of her. We'll keep searching!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

I had my cat go missing twice and first time he was found due to posters we put up so it does pay off. the 2nd time I found him coming back from the shops as we used to always be calling him and walking around. Cats are tuff and pretty smart and having a collar on them helps a lot in getting them back. I have about 4 cats that seem to hang around my back garden now in the park so ill keep my eyes peeled incase I get a new recruit. not sure if you cat is neutered but once my cat was done this stopped the wandering. hope you find your cat soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

Hi, I just had to post to say I really hope you find your cat, they can wander off and turn up again though! We are keeping an eye out anyway - I really feel for you! Keep us up to date! Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

Hi, Hope you find her soon.
    From your pictures she looks just like our own cat. We are in the Park also. There are always cats hanging around our garden so will definitely keep a look out. The pink collar she wears will help also.:)

Thanks for all the messages, I willl put more flyers up and will keep you posted.... fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Perty

You're cat was on our roof at 12.30am last night. He was sitting on the window sill. He had a pink collar with a bell. I took him into the house but he got scared and started to hiss. Then she saw my two cats and was even more scared so I let her go. She seems fine. We have left food for our two so I'd say she has been munching on that. We're in the park so she is close by. If I see her this evening I'll grab her and contact you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but at least you can be assured that she's alright and hasn't strayed too far.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks for your message, i am hoping that was her...She has a pink collar and red disc, but no bell anymore...fingers crossed. Thanks for your help, appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭TnJ

Hey,

Did your cat ever turn up?

Good question! Did you find your cat?

Sorry I havent logged on in while, but just to let you know, sad news with our cat...unfortunately she was found by a lady walking her dogs up past Jackie Skellys, she had appeared to have been killed by a car, and was put in off road, we had walked up that way several times but we didnt see her.
    Thankfully this very kind lady rang us and we were able to bury her in our garden.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, you must be devastated. That was very kind of that lady to let you know, at least you weren't left wondering.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

Raelly sorry to hear that too.

I'm sorry to hear that as well. It's really sad :( Hope you're fine.

Thanks for all the messages. I was really devastated, she was a lovely cat, really friendly. The only consolation was that she had been missing 3 weeks and it was terrible not knowing what had happended to her, thanks to that nice lady ringing us, at least we found her. It would have been worse if we had never found her at and were left wondering what had happened to her..
    Although I have one other cat I would like another one so will probably get a kitten in the next couple on months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Perty

Hi Guys,
    We were adopted by an 8 month old pregnant kitten a few weeks ago. Brought her down to the vets to see if she was chipped, but alas no. So we had a very difficult decision to make. In the end we got her spayed and the kittens were put to sleep. The vet told us that she would be pregnant again in 11 days if she was not spayed!!!!!!!!!
    So we have had her now for 3 weeks and she has recovered fully, but does not get on with our two cats.
    Is there anyone out there who would like to take her, we are thinking of bringing her to cats aid but decided to ask around the fourm beforehand. She is the most beautiful cat that we have both ever seen and wants nothing else than to be petted and loved. If anyone is considering getting a cat, or knows anyone getting one please contact me by PM as we'd love to see her go to a great home.

We also got her wormed, flea treated and vaccinated.

Thanks

Advertisement