Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your guilty foodie snack ?

Options
  • 12-02-2008 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Everyone has one, the stuff they know they should not eat but damn it, it tastes soo good esp when you have had a shíte day and want to sulk in bed or on the sofa watching a movie.

Is your savoury or sweet ?
    How much time does it take to make it or is it something you can just open up and dive into ?
    Do you keep some stashed away just in case ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Rease's penut butter cups, doughnuts and, on the savoury front, rasher sandwiches.

*drool*

I have the penut butter cups stashed, I get the boyf to pick me up a sh!t load of doughnuts in that kiosk on O'Connell St. whenever he passes it and I sneak downstairs most nights to fry myself up a heart attack portion of rashers.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Pringles and philadelphia cream cheese......so tasty. Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

meal deal from dominoes, hmmmmm pizza and garlic bread, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Pringles and philadelphia cream cheese......so tasty. Yum

ooh I've never tried that, sounds good! Noted for next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Anything with cheese really and I love a fry up in the morning but rarely get to eat one. I have been dieting for over 18 months now and its getting so bloody boring. I hate fruit, I really do.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Nachos with sour cream, salsa and cheese. Yum yum, get in my belly.

Am more savory than sweet. Although if you put a cheesecake in front of me i'd do serious damage to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

sweet - Jaffa Cakes. All my friends know I love them so I ended up with 5 of those huge boxes they were selling over the xmas

Savoury - dry roasted peanuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Mint chocy chip ice-cream and feasts mmmmmmmmmmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Toasted white pudding and cheese sandwich with mayo and ketchup (don't knock it till you've tried it!)

Oh God, my mouth is watering thinking about it. I havn't had one in over a year. Damn you, know I will be thinking about it all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Jaffa cakes and they have to be the lidi brand !

• Advertisement

I could live on grapes, but I'm a student and they are too bloody expensive.
    Where I was living last summer they were 70 cent a KG. I was in heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Cheese cheese and more cheese!:D I eat it out of the pack, in sandwiches etc. Im not fussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Breakfast cereal. I'll eat it any time of the day and sometimes eat nothing else. So damn good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

chocolate biscuits
    or a take away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

when im hungover it has to be greasy sausages rolls!or a meat pastie!
    One morning (very hungover)i walked the kids to school 8.45 and headed to the cafe across the road,bold as u like i asked for large curry chips and a chicken burger!the girl was staring at my beacon like face form all the drink the night before,i just said oh!ive just come off night duty!!
    Scooted home gobbled all with a pint of milk,back to bed my 9.30am! and alive and refreshed by 1.30 to collect the kids!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

School time naps for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Battered onion rings. With sweet chili dipping sauce.

Oh and oreo cream pie after, but I haven't had it in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I know too much about nutrition to indulge in guilty food snacks - I can't handle the guilt :(

Ben & Jerry's? Full of high fructose corn syrup. Cheap chocolate bars? Hydrogenated fats and refined sugar. Take aways? More sat-fats that I'd normally consume in a week all in one teensy-weensy packet of chicken balls.

Doesn't mean I'm totally boring though... homemade inch-thick pancakes with oats, raisins, cinnamon and a drizzled honey and organic vanilla ice-cream topping. Oh... baby... yeah :p

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

g'em wrote: »
    I know too much about nutrition to indulge in guilty food snacks - I can't handle the guilt :(

I find ignorance is bliss!!!!

I love a portion of chips and onion rings (have to be from Deli Burger Balbriggan) folowed by a bag of Haribo Tangfastics or Starmix with a bag of Minstrels mixed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

just thought of one dunno if anyone has tried it,
    microwave popcorn with malteasers and crispy m&ms... (drools at the thought of it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

Sweet it'd be creme eggs at the moment! I'm milling them left right and centre, or After 8's
    Savoury, cheese on toast, beans on toast with cheese, scrambled egg on toast with cheese, and the toast has to be batch loaf.
    White bread is a no no in my house,I refuse to buy it day to day, so there's something bold about getting it. Its like anticpating a meeting with a lover :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Curly wurlys...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

White bread is a no no in my house,I refuse to buy it day to day, so there's something bold about getting it. Its like anticpating a meeting with a lover :)

Lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

King crisps sandwich with butter and mayo on white bread. With a mug of strong tea.

Strike me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Double cheese margharita pizza's, proper home-made burgers, chips, toasted sandwich with cheese, rashers and sausages oh and cream cheese on toasted bagels.

On the sweet front I love creme eggs and Ben and Jerry's ice cream (chocolate fudge brownie..mmmmmm). I really should be grossly overweight, with all the crap I eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

LadyJ wrote: »
    Rease's peanut butter cups

My sweet foodie snack is two pancakes, one covered with a layer of choc spread and the other with peanut butter, sandwiched together and rolled up. It's like a warm peanut cup burritto of yumminess.

Savoury would be anything with melted cheese. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

At the moment I'm addicted to the Weight Watchers Rich Toffee Bars my mother buys at meetings. They're vile, but they've got crispy bits in them, and I'm a sucker for crispy things.

Salt and Vinegar Hunky Dorys with either Cadbury's buttons, or the Lindt chocolate that has the white creamy layer in the middle. I'm drowning in saliva at the moment.

Lidl salami pizzas. I tried the light ones, but they're manky, the base isn't half as crispy, it's doughier.

Cheese and toast sandwiches, or really crisp rashers and mayo on toast.

Ben and Jerry's Phish Food. Dunnes Simply Better Chocolate Cookie Dough - dark choc icecream, cookie dough pieces... nyom.

I love fresh pineapple too. I'd eat half a pineapple at once given the opportunity. Oh I want a pineapple. Or a nice ripe banana. Or a lettuce and beetroot sambo with mayo.

God, I'm a pig. They're all occasional indulgences (not occasional enough, but how and ever) and now I want them all.

Almost forgot - Kinder Bueno Eggs. They're perfect for a little choccie pick-me-up. Plus, they're like Creme Eggs (yuck, by the way), they're only around until Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Depends on the mood im in tbh.....

Sweet: Ben and Jerrys - either cookie dough or caramel chew chew... oreo malt from eddies rob your pockets. Or if im in the local shop and im tired and/or pissed off.... reeses nutragous bar!

Savoury: chili doritoes (sp) and sour cream, Nachoes (sp)!

Oh god wheres the fridge!

I do love fresh strawberries and pineapple and most fresh fruit, but i find when in those bad mood something more is needed....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Jules wrote: »
    oreo malt from eddies rob your pockets. Or if im in the local shop and im tired and/or pissed off.... reeses nutragous bar!

A woman after me own heart. Although the way the oreos stick in the straw is a bit annoying. I love straws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭katieboo

Toasted ham, cheese, tomatoe and onion sandwich with garlic mayo yum, yum, yum , yum.

Advertisement