Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus 40C

Options
  • 12-02-2008 11:28am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

i am not sure if anyone uses this bus route. They didnt seem to be running last week, if anyone else has a problem with this service, can you email Dublin Bus and explain your problems MediaPR@dublinbus.ie.

I spoke to man today who said “could not guarantee that he would be alive tomorrow never mind if the bus would turn up” and if it didn’t it was not his problem.

Have also emailed them to request a Bus going to the Southside of the City like the new Hampton Wood Service

thanks

IB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think I've only used it twice and it ran OK.

Note the new route 140, although I'm not sure if it is any use to you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Victor wrote: »
    I think I've only used it twice and it ran OK.

Note the new route 140, although I'm not sure if it is any use to you.

no use whatsoever unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

140 is great by the way. Jamestown Rd to O'Connell St in 22 minutes yesterday (got on at 13.31) and 35 minutes to stop on St Stephen's green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

40C has been under pressure due to anti-social behaviour in some dodgy areas of Finglas South from the likes of stone-throwing by kids.
    The after 7pm(was it this time?)service was withdrawn last year for many months at a time and looks like Dublin Bus might throw in the towel on this one.

However the 40A which is busier will still survive with the usual curtailments when they happen imho.
    The new 140 does not go near the South apart from cruising along the Finglas by-pass hence it would be no use to the OP.
    Oh yeh, jdivision is privileged with access times like that to town :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I used to live in Finglas west and the 40C used to stop at Finglas village and wouldnt go into the estates. When going into town in the morning there were many times it didnt turn up and I'd end up walking the 2km to the village to get the 40. Dublin Bus used to use the "anti social" excuse for not running the bus. I see things havent changed much.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I dont think dublin bus like running the 40c for some reason,i havnt seen one in ages and there hasnt been any stone-throwing for a long time.Something is afoot,methinks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

gurramok wrote: »
    40C has been under pressure due to anti-social behaviour in some dodgy areas of Finglas South from the likes of stone-throwing by kids.
    The after 7pm(was it this time?)service was withdrawn last year for many months at a time and looks like Dublin Bus might throw in the towel on this one.

there is no anti-social behaviour at the moment, that only happens in the summertime. it is not on, its the only bus that services my road. by the way, it did turn up this morning and last though

Advertisement