Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aolynk Router

Options
  • 12-02-2008 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy an Aolynk wireless router? Smart haven't (and won't have) any.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Any particular reason why you want an Aolynk router? If it's for Smart broadband then any ADSL2+ router will do the trick. I've never seen the Aolynk routers for sale anywhere so finding one could be a problem. Try a google search for the model number, you might find somewhere in the UK selling them, that's probably your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I was thinking it might be better for support etc. It's not really a biggie but the person it's for is a bit of a technophobe and wants the Aolynk because it's Smart she's with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Unless the router she gets is the exact same model as the one Smart provide, then they won't give any support for it anyway. Besides, if you get one of the ones that are always being recommended here (Netgear I think) then support will be fairly easy. As long as it's all set up correct, she shouldn't need much support anyway.

Also, I've found the guys on the Smart support forums to be quite helpful and knowledgeable about routers not supplied by Smart.

Advertisement