Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipes for boiler and pellet burner - at what stage

Options
  • 12-02-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi

I am building an extension to my house and am planning on putting in a wood pellet burner with boiler to attach to my central heating.

My question is will any pipes need to be laid for this at foundation time or when should I engage the person who will be installing the boiler and burner to avoid having to pull up concrete later as I assume if we are planning on tying this into our central heating the some pipes will have to go underground.....

Also - does anyone know where the pipes tie into the existing central heating if you want the water to heat your rads, ie: our ofch boiler is in our existing utility room so I am wondering if floors in our existing house will need to be pulled up in order to tie the pellet boiler into the oil central heating....

Hope this makes sense
    thanks
    aromamum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

How many times to we have to say this? Queries on wood pellet boilers are not to be posted in Construction/Planning as per the charter.

The charter also says any further posting about these will result in a instant ban.

OP - Banned for a week and your thread is moved to DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 aromamum

Apologies, I did read the charter before I posted but I thought my question was more of a plumbing question.....

Any info would be appreciated...thanks
    aromamum

Advertisement