Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laser card transactions

Options
  • 12-02-2008 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

hi guys.

not sure if this is the right place to put this.

on Jan 27th i bought a ticket on Irish rail and paid for it using my laser card transaction.

Irish rail took the payment 6 times.....which means they charged me €264.

i only noticed this when i checked my online banking last friday. i obviously rang the bank who told me that it was irish rail. I called them and some very unhelpful woman told me that it was my own fault as i obviously wasnt paying attention when i booked the ticket and that it would "eventually" go into my account.

The bank have said that it would take anything from 8 working days up to 2 weeks go back into my acocunt. My question is, is there anything i can do about this?

Im out of pocket by €264 and im not even sure when i will get it back!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

How did you uy the tickets? online or in person?
    If online did you refresh the page while it was processing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

online and no i didnt.

nothing out of the ordainary happened. i always book my tickets online and nothing differently happened this time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Similar happened me before. I printed off my bank/visa statement showing they took payment twice, and then showed them the actual receipt. Gave card and she did a refund straight away, wasn't with Irish rail though. Maybe you could go into one of their offices, eg Abbey st if your in Dublin, and see if they would do it. I know its not ideal, but could help and beats waiting and nothing to happen. Post how you get on, good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

hi guys.

not sure if this is the right place to put this.

on Jan 27th i bought a ticket on Irish rail and paid for it using my laser card transaction.

Irish rail took the payment 6 times.....which means they charged me €264.

i only noticed this when i checked my online banking last friday. i obviously rang the bank who told me that it was irish rail. I called them and some very unhelpful woman told me that it was my own fault as i obviously wasnt paying attention when i booked the ticket and that it would "eventually" go into my account.

The bank have said that it would take anything from 8 working days up to 2 weeks go back into my acocunt. My question is, is there anything i can do about this?

Im out of pocket by €264 and im not even sure when i will get it back!

O good god :eek: I frown at the people in some jobs. Speaks volumes about the trade unions in Irish Rail :rolleyes: Unfortunatly, some people are stupid and you have to be firm.

The bank in question can dispute the transactions saving you the hassle of having to deal with Irish Rail again. The transactions have to be investigated and it can take some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

hey guys

well i still havent got my money back yet!

was told it would be in the bank today and its not.

just called the bank there and they are now saying its not gonna be in the bank until friday!!! im so screwed for money this week!

just as well i put my rent and bills in my savings account!!

so annoyed now!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement