Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carpark for Lowered Cars in Dublin City?

Options
  • 12-02-2008 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

So I'd say you lads in the modified section have the most experience in this field.

Does anyone know of any car parks in the city centre that are friendly enough to lowered cars? My current car is a bit on the low side and most of the multi-story carparks in town would certainly produce comical 'top gear' moments (ie: the carpark in Paris).

If you have a lowered car, where do you park it when you bring it into town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Free bump

Im gonna need this info too damn teins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Could you not put polyurethane wear strips under the sills of these cars similar to what we used to put on the base of scateboards to stop any floor damage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Did you give the jervis a try ?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭theprofessor

polyurethane strips are all well and good but there reaches a point where the angle of the incline doesn't just scrape the bottom of the car but actually puts big pressure on the bodywork/chassis, etc.

I have been in the jervis before but not in my car. I struggling to remember the inside. I think the entrance and exit is a nice gradual slope but am I right in saying that once you get in the slopes from level to level are a little steep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Katie_Kiss

one of my cars is lowered 60 at the front and 80 in the back and it got into the jervis no problem just take it at a wee angle if ya can. hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

I was in the jervis in my old corsa, 70mm all around, front bumper was about an inch and a half off the ground, could get into the jervis no bother but not a hope of changing level, ended up having to do laps of the ground floor for about 45 mins untill I got a space!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

dont go near the dawson carpark its ok getting in but you can only ever find parking on level 9/10 and my celica was touchin cumin dowm on levels 8,6,4,2 and even on the exit!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

SaxoDuff wrote: »
    I was in the jervis in my old corsa, 70mm all around, front bumper was about an inch and a half off the ground, could get into the jervis no bother but not a hope of changing level, ended up having to do laps of the ground floor for about 45 mins untill I got a space!!

was in the jervis in my mr2 gt turbo which is low as fook and had no problems, as long as u take it real slow in 1st gear, your fine. ;)

Advertisement