Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dillinger Escape Plan - This Weekend

• 12-02-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

FOREVER presents
    The Dillinger Escape Plan
    Between The Buried And Me, Stolen Babies

Who's going to this? Shame it got upgraded from Whelans but I doubt it'll matter. I saw DEP when they played in Doranns with Nasum years ago and they were amazing. Great supports too. It's pretty much a shoe-in for gig of the year already in my books. I cannot wait.

Here's an obligatory mental live video:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lxwlgyhhA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

you left out WHERE???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

its in the village as far a i know. raging i am missing out on it! going to london for smashing pumpkins.....strangely i would prefer to be in the village, although the SP gig is in 02 arena, so i think the venue will be bit better!

further info on this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055190510

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 gajbireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah so i heard. pity i didn't get a chance to go. would have loved some t-shirts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Excellent night, both Stolen Babies and Between The Buried And Me (both of whom I've never heard before) were great, and Dillinger really being 'for the fans' all night.

Some guy: 'Play something good!'

Greg Puciato: WHAT? Who said that?'

*silence* :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

LOVED this gig.

Great video gajbireland, did you film the whole gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

It was an amazing gig. I wasn't taken with the support acts but DEP sounded really, really good and played a wide range of stuff off their albums, I was especially surprised to hear something from Irony is a Dead Scene. Milk Lizard was my favorite. They are a very tight and focused band, more energy is put into one song then most bands pout into an entire performance. Best gig of the year so far and its only February!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Great gig, stolen babies were average, i really liked BTBAM and TDEP really blew me away. No pig latin though :( but apart from that a varied set that was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Motherpuncher

Heard that was some gig . Sickened i missed it . Dose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

What did ye make of the master Gil Sharone on drums? He's a master sticksman for sure. Sickened I missed it. Did however see them play in Dolans in Limerick about 6 years ago, that was f**kin insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

bobmeaney wrote: »
    What did ye make of the master Gil Sharone on drums? He's a master sticksman for sure. Sickened I missed it. Did however see them play in Dolans in Limerick about 6 years ago, that was f**kin insane.

He wasn't that interesting playing for stolen babies but great with TDEP.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Morf wrote: »
    He wasn't that interesting playing for stolen babies but great with TDEP.

Their new (and last ) album is out now.

It's quite good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Their new (and last ) album is out now.

It's quite good.
    The thread hasn't been posted in in 8 years. Please don't bump old threads like this, if you want to discuss their new album, feel free to start a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement