Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will have to get a cleaner in every week

Options
  • 12-02-2008 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

It's a joke. The house is such a kip. I'm always cleaning and nobody else does anything. Kitchen is in a tip...plates everywhere.

Bathroom has not been cleaned in about a month. There's about 8 used rolls thrown on the floor. Living room smells like a nightclub at the end of the night. I have been feeling sick once or twice in the last month - It could be attributed to the dirt that's probably in the place. There's always smoking so the living room is like a chimney. Last night I could not even go in to eat my dinner. They will light up when your eating. Anytime I ask them to clean up it seems theres a little bit of fuss. One fella wil say "oh I'll do it on Monday" and then doesn't bother is hole.

There has been no toilet roll the last few days and people had been using kitchen towels and now they are using hankerchiefs.

I will have to start getting a cleaner in now every week and get the lazy f*ckers to cough up. I don't want to have to spend more than 7 or 8 euro so between us we could pay a cleaner €30 to come in and wash floors, clean dishes and dust.

I can cope with putting out bins and abit of general tidying but my head nearly explodes when I have to clean up their ****. I will throw one of them off the balcony.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

***RANT OF THE WEEK***

Why not just throw them out, or move yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Do you expect me to do something about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

tman wrote: »
    Do you expect me to do something about it?

Where did I say ....What will you do to help me tman? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

pffffft.
    take it to p.i

Fey! wrote: »
    ***RANT OF THE WEEK***

Why not just throw them out, or move yourself?

Dunno anyone else to move in with in Galway.

I wonder would I get a cleaner for that kind of money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

My house sounds like yours!
    I got a polish girl to come in once a week for 8 euros p.h
    the first day she came she spent 4 hrs in the kitchen!!
    I found the notice for her in a local supermarket,alas she is gone back now though.
    Well worth the money and a lot easier to keep on top of.

My house sounds like yours!
    I got a polish girl to come in once a week for 8 euros p.h
    the first day she came she spent 4 hrs in the kitchen!!
    I found the notice for her in a local supermarket,alas she is gone back now though.
    Well worth the money and a lot easier to keep on top of.

The polish seems to be very clean generally from what I've heard. How many hours did she need to spend then once the first demolition was over?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Living with smokers isn't fun I imagine, lazy filthy smokers even less fun. I'd move tbh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I suggest you start an online petition. Those things get results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Trust me m8 .. forget about the cleaner .. just move out. Look for a room in the advertiser. Its only going to get worse and you will end having a really bad falling out with your m8's over it. I nearly killed a friend of mine over something similar .. it just kept building and building until it took one smart comment to make me snap. Just moved out of another place lately because of untidy housemates .. You have to make sure that the people you are miving in with are on the same wavelenght or there is no point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

I've lived with people like this. One house had 5 real dirty fu<kers in it and 3 of us were fairly clean. Just isn't possible to mix people like this. The real problem is the dirty people will end up dragging you down to their level. In that house I got so sick of cleaning dishes and pots/pans that I just washed them, used them and then left them back in the same state I got them. I had turned into "one of them". The 3 of us moved out after about 1 1/2 months.

Feck getting a cleaner, they'll have it looking like **** in a few days again. Also, it ain't a big job to clean the house when everyone chips in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Just move out and find like-minded people to live with. There are plently of people who keep clean houses and plenty who are happy to live in squalour. You happen to be in the minority in a house of people who are happy to live in squalour so unfortunately its your problem in this instance, not theirs. I know thats not really fair on you but moving out would be easier than trying to change the status quo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Move. It sounds like the smoking is a large part of the problem you have with the place, and a cleaner isn't going to fix that. I'd also guess it comes to a bit more than 30 a week and within a few weeks you're having trouble collecting from your flatmates (ie they start giving you the old "you are the only one that cares about it, you pay for it.")

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Move out. Find some clean, considerate people to live with (perhaps non-smokers would be best from what you say), then you won't need to spend money on a cleaner. Some people just don't do cleanliness; it's one of those values like punctuality that you either get or don't, and never the twain shall agree.

Advertisement