Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What trade in can I expect for a 07 new corolla D4D

Options
  • 12-02-2008 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi guys,

As the title says, what kind of trade in value could I expect to redeem from a 2007 (new shape) D4D corolla? Its met silver, and "Luna" spec. I paid €26,500 last January, new. Its serviced adn all that malarky, and immaculate.

I'm looking at trading up, to something in the 30-35k mark, new.

Cheers,

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

depends on the mileage, it would also depend on what your trading it in for, a toyota garage will give you more for it than any other garage, i'd say your looking at getting 20 - 21k for it but thats just a rough guess, best bet is to bring it to a dealer and ask how much he'll give you for it on a trade in

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i would say 16k, the garage has to make a mark up on it too dont forget.
    how much is it worth privately, 20-21k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zoemax

To give you an indication I am being offered €24k on a 9 month old average mileage VW Passt which cost €33k new on a trade in against a €30k ish car.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think you'd get around 22.5k for it. they're hard to get new.

zoemax wrote: »
    To give you an indication I am being offered €24k on a 9 month old average mileage VW Passt which cost €33k new on a trade in against a €30k ish car.

Did you have a bad expierence with it? 9 months is a short time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭matsil

Mileage is 16500km (little of 10k miles). It was bought end of January 2007.... so its about 13 months old..... and its immacualte except for a tiny rub on the rear bumper that will buff out with a decent coat of cleaner waz stuff....... no stains or manky marks, and it has a really tidy little "parrot" blue tooth phone kit in it also..... but thats the only "extra".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭matsil

At the moment the most likely candidate is a new VW Jetta 1.4TSi (140bhp) DSG Comfortline with about 1500 worth of extras (met paint, auto air con, and multifunction sterring wheel)....... which is around about €32,500 worth of car!

You in the market for an Avensis diesel, or are you defecting from the brand?

EDIT Oops, you got there first!

If VW are special ordering your Jetta, they'll probably allow for the fact that Corolla diesels will drop a good bit in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 4istic

to get an idea of how much your car will retail for go to assured used car page on toyota.ie, where you can see the price of 07's.:cool:

4istic wrote: »
    to get an idea of how much your car will retail for go to assured used car page on toyota.ie, where you can see the price of 07's.:cool:
    Presuming there are any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Presuming there are any.

And bound to be "asking" prices rather than "trade-in" prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zoemax

Did you have a bad expierence with it? 9 months is a short time.

No problems with the passat, baby no. 3 is on the way and a seven seater is required as you cannot really get three child seats in the back unless you are a gymnast.

Advertisement