Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pointers for a noob needing to create some promo banners?

Options
  • 12-02-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I need to start creating banners and small fliers I can place around the web (and possibly spilling over a few into a print fliers). They are for promoting my new musc website and gigs on myspace etc. I'm not looking to do anything wildly sophisticated because I'm certainly no artist or designer. However, the ability to put something effective together myself when I need would be brilliant. I have plenty of pics and images to pick from.

So what should software I be using?
    Are there templates out there worth using?
    Is it difficult to make a site link back to a webpage?

Any other thoughts or pointers would be fab like a big hat on lady's day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

istockphoto_116920_angry_art_director.jpg

Get a designer? Design students can be manipulated for food or sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

And they would no doubt do a far better job than me...but... I like the idea of being able to do the real basic stuff myself and turn to those more talented for the bigger and better things.

Advertisement