Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek Betting - Championship, League 1, League 2 & UEFA Cup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

fatgav wrote: »
    went for

everton over brann @ 1,74
    bremen over braga @ 1.32
    psv over helsingborg @ 1.29
    dundee utd over st mirren @ 1.75
    hibs over gretna @ 1.39
    sp lisbon over basel @ 1.57

all at home. all should win. works out at 11.76 on betfair. crossed it with five ways as well. it's not a big bet for me but they look the picks of the night for me.

avoid milan over livorno. they're ravaged with injuries up front.

all at home???????everton are away. milan got a ton of players out kaka etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

63587614 wrote: »
    Ok guys. Went with treble. Think Bayern Munich are cert 4/11, I actually got them at 2/5 at start of week with Atl Madrid away to Bolton and Bologna who won last 3-1.

Dodgy one is Mdrid, but should do business.
    Bayern are still 4/9 on boylesports. Aberdeen have many important players out but the thing is, Bayern drive me mad, they should win but I've a horrible feeling they'll be happy just to get an away goal or draw to bring back home.

Tottenham win @ 10/11 and cleansheet win @ 21/10. Spurs have tightened up so much at the back and I see them going for this seriously. Slavia Prague have had no competitive games since the end of their season. They might be fresh but just aren't in the same league in any case.

Livorno +1 @ 5/2
    Laying Milan again. :p 39 year old legend Maldini is rested for this one. Nesta, Kaka, Ronaldo, Inzaghi, Pato and possibly Gattuso also out. Livorno are not as good as Siena but I don't think they'll be as unlucky either. For cover I'll do Milan to win by 1 @ 11/4 or Livorno +2 if available.

Marseille @ 8/11. Cracking home form at the moment. Moscow again might be rusty due to their season break.

Doubles from these 3
    =======
    Club America @ 4/6
    Everton @ 8/11
    Peterborough @ 6/4

IrishMike wrote: »
    Dont fancy villarreal at all to be honest.
    Can see that being a draw, zenit looked decent against Everton and the fact that its on in Russia in February means ill be avoiding that game.
    Villareal are in terrible form. Really bad when I watched them against Barcelona and Murcia. A lot depends on whether Nihat and Rossi get some service but I'll go for a wee Zenit draw no bet @ 11/10 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

paulizei wrote: »
    Livorno +1 @ 5/2
    Laying Milan again. :p 39 year old legend Maldini is rested for this one. Nesta, Kaka, Ronaldo, Inzaghi, Pato and possibly Gattuso also out. Livorno are not as good as Siena but I don't think they'll be as unlucky either. For cover I'll do Milan to win by 1 @ 11/4 or Livorno +2 if available.

Don't know why everyone is thinking Milan will be useless again. They're on absolutely sensational form and despite their injuries up front they've got Gila back for this game and it could be a great chance for the likes of Gourcouf, Emerson and Paloschi to really impress and Livorno are useless bar Amelia and Tavano. 1.4 is a great price for a team that haven't lost since the new year and effectively have to keep winning. Will either be sticking them in an acca or backing draw/Milan again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Everton to win tonight. Please.

• Advertisement

Went for Hibs, Bremen, PSV and Milan at 2.98 in the end.

Bremen ahead and Milan looking good on betfair TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Went for Hibs, Bremen, PSV and Milan at 2.98 in the end.

Bremen ahead and Milan looking good on betfair TV

Looking good. Just need milan to steal one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

paulizei wrote: »
    Villareal are in terrible form. Really bad when I watched them against Barcelona and Murcia. A lot depends on whether Nihat and Rossi get some service but I'll go for a wee Zenit draw no bet @ 11/10 I think.

Good bet paulizei.
    Went for Everton myself in the end

m.j.w wrote: »
    Looking good. Just need milan to steal one

Alas Milan didn't have it and I only layed for my stake, or so I thought. ****ed it up and now I'm down a tenner. Was a bit nervous about the other teams despite their cushions

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

jameshayes wrote: »
    What game do you guys see the most goals in... I'm trying to pick an over .5 goals for my €10 - €1000K run.

Hope you didnt go for Galatasaray game in the end. p.s it will take a long long long time making 1k betting on 1.03/1.04 with 10 euro.. Thought the post was based on even money shots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Hope you didnt go for Galatasaray game in the end. p.s it will take a long long long time making 1k betting on 1.03/1.04 with 10 euro.. Thought the post was based on even money shots

Na, I went for Marseille.

It takes exactly 95 1.05 bets...

jameshayes wrote: »
    Na, I went for Marseille.

It takes exactly 95 1.05 bets...

Well done with Marseille.. Thats alot of bets to hope to run off successful. Good luck though..

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Well done with Marseille.. Thats alot of bets to hope to run off successful. Good luck though..

Just a bit of fun really, although 1K would go along way!

Good bet paulizei.
    Went for Everton myself in the end
    Good stuff, good day for me all in all. I just need Club America to beat Morelia later to complete my doubles from 3 thing. They should do it since form, H2H and everything else is in their favour but I'll lay them anyhow.

Sorry bout Milan Bubs, my turn to be a bit lucky there. Livorno +2 was 5/6 on PP as it happens.

Well, at least I didn't lose that much, if only Pippo had knocked in the free header.

In other, and less depressing news, fill your boots on Benfica. They're rock solid at home and they're playing a team in the religation zone who just lost their manager

How do you's reckon the spurs match will go tonight? Might do adouble with them and benfica

did spurs double with munich
    and a simalar bet 20e double /minus1

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A horribly conservative one for me tonight. Wasn't going to get involved but couldn't resist!

1 Aberdeen v B Munich (Backing B Munich OR The Draw @ 1.09)
    2 Slavia Prague v Tottenham (Backing Tottenham OR The Draw @ 1.2)
    3 Benfica v Nurnberg (Backing Benfica OR Nurnberg @ 1.29)
    4 Lanus v Danubio (Backing Lanus OR Danubio @ 1.23)

Doubles my money.

Yea have a big single on munich. Reckon they are great value at 4/9. Aberdeen will be well up for it but they are missing a few players

luka tony what a player but if aberdeens ground is as bad as the scotish pitches ive seen in the last few weeks on tv . it will favour aberdeen to say the least..lumped munich but covered a draw and spurs win .. jeazus i betteer win or its curtains for me

• Advertisement

redfan wrote: »
    jeazus i betteer win or its curtains for me

:eek: fingers crossed!

redfan wrote: »
    luka tony what a player but if aberdeens ground is as bad as the scotish pitches ive seen in the last few weeks on tv . it will favour aberdeen to say the least..lumped munich but covered a draw and spurs win .. jeazus i betteer win or its curtains for me

Yea same here, ill be posting in the biggest loss post if they dont win

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

m.j.w wrote: »
    Yea same here, ill be posting in the biggest loss post if they dont win

In the same boat guys, the lot is on Athletico Madrid @ 8/11 draw no bet.

Jaysus I like that kitchen sink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Aberdeen 2-1 up at half time.
    Will be a draw at best for Bayern id say.
    Backed benfica myself with my entire account balance.
    Cant see them getting anything other than a comfortable home win

Have Benfica 4/7, Spurs 8/11 and Ath Mad draw no bet 8/11 done in treble.

Backed benfica myself with my entire account balance.
    Cant see them getting anything other than a comfortable home win

Great minds think alike :p. Hope people didn't put as much on Bayern as they were saying earlier

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Great minds think alike :p. Hope people didn't put as much on Bayern as they were saying earlier

Thankfully I lay'd the win, got it at 1.54... only won 10quid tho, should have put more on :(

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A horribly conservative one for me tonight. Wasn't going to get involved but couldn't resist!

1 Aberdeen v B Munich (Backing B Munich OR The Draw @ 1.09)
    2 Slavia Prague v Tottenham (Backing Tottenham OR The Draw @ 1.2)
    3 Benfica v Nurnberg (Backing Benfica OR Nurnberg @ 1.29)
    4 Lanus v Danubio (Backing Lanus OR Danubio @ 1.23)

Doubles my money.

All's well so far for this relatively boring bet. Only the Copa Libertadores game to go and Lanus are 1-0 up after 15 mins.

3-1. Happy days. My win tonight basically gives me a free bet for the weekend

• Advertisement

Well done to anyone who made a profit this week - probably the worst week of quality football in a long time - those championship were a killer to watch -let alone bet! Really terrible.

Onto the weekend we go!

Advertisement