Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Certification - Midlands

Options
  • 12-02-2008 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a BSc in Business Computing and 3 years in an IT environment. I am being asked by my boss what training I would like this year so I'm looking for some ideas. I am a technical team lead in a call centre, managing a team of 6, my role includes project management, rolling out new IT systems , coordinating training reqs etc. I'm in midlands and I doubt there is a major budget but I need to at least propose some ideas. I'd like to get MS certification or something similar.

Help!

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

As I say to everyone here, MCSA or MCSE is the perfect start to bigger things. If you look at other jobs it is the best recognised certificate apart from Cisco certification.
    I would also look at Vmare certification for the future as it is the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

As you are a technical manager rather than a server admin, either MCSA or MCSE would be a complete waste of time for you. Basically if you dont work in a server admin environment its no good.

Personally I would be looking at PMP or Prince2 certification to increase your project management role.

These are widely acknowledged project management certifications and will help you get a better understanding of project management as a whole.

Advertisement