Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats the story ??

Options
  • 12-02-2008 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Are modified cars becomming less popular these days? I've noticed over the last year living in dublin that there are hardly any about any more. When i was living in waterford there was always loads all over the place. Ranging from banged up 106's to mint looking skylines and supras. Since ive been up here ive seen 1 skyline..

Are they all in hiding? or has this just become less popular ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I have to say the same, not as populer anymore.
    But thats better for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

thats strange, i would have thought the scene is bigger than ever, i think the more subtle look is what most people are looking for kinda like a factory tuned look, there fore blending in alot better

Just my 2cents

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flintash

projectgtr wrote: »
    thats strange, i would have thought the scene is bigger than ever, i think the more subtle look is what most people are looking for kinda like a factory tuned look, there fore blending in alot better

Just my 2cents
    i think You r posh-"more subtle look,therefore blending in"- only thing matter these days two first numbers on number plate.
    i hate standard cars. Mods is yourself expression.be different,be cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Think most of us are opting for less show more go rather than the other way round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

yeah the scene is alot bigger but it is just more controlled now, with many website forums on modified cars and planning meets and cruises. they are all still around but just not in public places any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭emmie-lou

yeh d meets and cruises is where its all at....dats b4 the garda come n ruin the fun 4 everyone...but i have noticed the declined in modded cars what a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

flintash wrote: »
    i think You r posh-"more subtle look,therefore blending in"- only thing matter these days two first numbers on number plate.
    i hate standard cars. Mods is yourself expression.be different,be cool :)

you think im posh:D good one, and as for first few numbers what a load of crap to be honest i drive a 95 EK civic the first month/year they were released, its all about the condition of the car and how well its cared for to me feck the first 2 numbers!! and my car is far from standard not that alot of people would notice all the changes, what do you drive flintash? lets see some pics of your car and mods i wanna see what your style is like

and alot of people are moving away from a 1.4 bodykitted civic (no offence) to more mature cars that have style and power all in one, like the subaru's and nissans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Katie_Kiss

i dont think dublin has a big scene in fairness -ive been living here for nearly four yrs and ive seen one supra, altho alot of people store there good cars untill summer.

and i dont think people are just looking at the first two digits of a reg - the demand for twin cams, sports and skylines all prove that theory wrong.

i think roakey is right tho, people are moving away from over modded 1lt corsas and civics.

with the way the government are changing tax and stuff, it might not be long before we go back to the modded 1ltrs.

i cant believe how the price of the cars has dropped, when i first saw the supras and stuff they were priced at near 22g for a 95 t/t, you can pick up the same model maybe newer for 15, that is in 2 years.

i drive a impreza wrx and it is completly standard just has power and looks, thats all i want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement