Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

central locking problem

Options
  • 12-02-2008 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Posed here a while back about this but the problem still exists.

my 1998 primera SLX has a central locking problem.

Basically the car will not lock with the FOB but it will unlock the car.

I have re-programmed two different fobbs and its the same with both of them so not the fobbs.

the cental locking will lock all doors if i use the key in the drivers door.

when i do press the lock button on the fob the indicators do flash normally but it does not lock.

if i lock it with the key and then press the lock button the alarm will activate.

all doors when opened turn on the interior light so all the door swiches work

the buzzer for the "driving lights on" comes on when i open the drivers door without the key in iggy as normal.

so from this -
    1) its not the fobbs
    2) its not the central locking motor in the doors
    3) its no the door swiches

so what could it be? any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

bumpy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Check that the boot light isn't on when the boot is closed. an open boot will cause the symptoms you mention

Alternatively, quite a common problem on Nissan keys, the rubber on the key has worn out and the button on the circuit board isn't being pressed properly. can be cured by placing some rolled up card behind the rubber.

Dismantle the key (pull the key blade off the body, then seperate the remaining round bit)
    sometimes the switch on the board comes apart. you'll know what I mean once you dismantle the key.

EDIT: just spotted the indicators flashing bit. My money's on a boot door switch.

Advertisement