Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Buying Problem

Options
  • 12-02-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Ok, here's my problem.

I bought a car 3 months ago, I traded in my car and put cash towards the new one.

The car i bought was due to be NCT'd but I was given a "3 month warranty and Guarantee to pass NCT in same period".

Well, 3 NCT's later and it hasn't passed yet. I told the dealer that I don't want anythhing to do with this car anymore so he has agreed to do me a swap on something in the same price range.

What I need to know is that if he doesn't have a car I like can I get my money back , given that the 3 month period is up?

Can i get my money back, i.e the cash i gave him & the value of the car I traded in? He has already sold on the traded in car?

Does the 3 months being up affect my rights? Need answers as my head is wrecked.

Advertisement