Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other universes

Options
  • 12-02-2008 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Well this universe burst into being "here" I suppose there are a multitude of other universes that burst into being in other dimensions - never to be seen or contacted or observed in any way

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Here is the universe. Anything that isn't here is outside or doesn't exist.
    Also why would this universe not contain other dimensions?

I think there is a lot of confusion between dimension and universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yea here is the universe but surely there could be another universe over there totally unobservable to us. I could see this universe having other dimensions and also the universe over there having other dimensions too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I don't doubt that there could be other universes, but I have difficulty with your definition of dimension. If other universes could have different laws of physics etc is probably the most interesting factor.

Advertisement