Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visit?

• 12-02-2008 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just checking, is it ok for public to check out the college on an ordinary day?
    i was at the open day but missed some things and want to show another friend as well, is it ok to come to look around? is there anywhere we wont be allowed into or shouldnt go into (apart from lecture halls obviously) Thanks!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Tula

yeah its generally fine to check out the college. i wouldn't go into labs as many are assigned for certain groups only. apart from that pretty much everything that isn't locked is fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Technically you're not allowed cos only students are meant to be on the premise. But I've never been asked for my college I.D. while on campus so you'd be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Technically you're not allowed cos only students are meant to be on the premise. But I've never been asked for my college I.D. while on campus so you'd be fine.

What are you studying at Maynooth ......

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

i just walked in on sunday and had a wander around haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭nc0987

ha, ok super cool guys. if we're asked for id we'll just leg it! thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You can wander around on the weekends, people walk their dogs all the time on campus.

You can't participate in lectures or labs though (obviously). You really shouldn't have missed the open day, any lecture you go into will just a module of the entire course and might give you the wrong impression whereas on the Open Day you would have been told about everything Departments had to offer you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

You can walk around no problem, you'd even be able to go into a few lectures, no one would notice.

You really shouldn't have missed the open day, any lecture you go into will just a module of the entire course and might give you the wrong impression whereas on the Open Day you would have been told about everything Departments had to offer you ;)

no, i didnt miss the open day, and i went to the talks then, i just didnt get a chance to see the library, sport centre, and the whole south part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

nc0987 wrote: »
    no, i didnt miss the open day, and i went to the talks then, i just didnt get a chance to see the library, sport centre, and the whole south part.

Ahh sure then come along. You can't get into the library without a valid student ID I'm afraid but the sport's center is grand as is the whole south campus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The library doesn;t require you to swipe your card anymore so you'd probably get in, its mighty boring in there though ;)

• Advertisement

ha, maybe you're right about the library, not even worth a look?? :D
    Overall guys, do u love maynooth, hate it or so so..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yeah I like it, completely different world to school. Thinking of commuting or living on campus?

commuting for the 1st year anyway

commuting for the 1st year anyway

dont worry u can stay with me :rolleyes: hahhhahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

I'm in 1st year at the mo and i commute from Lucan, to be honest its a bit of a pain in the arse. because even though you could crash in a a friends place getting the bus in somedays is annoying because the dont run very frequently!
    I'm definitly moving there next year, hoping to get a house with a few music buddies.

conbob wrote: »
    dont worry u can stay with me :rolleyes: hahhhahahah

the sex maniac?? eh....

the sex maniac?? eh....

uh huuuh. sounds like fun eh :D

Im sure... >:/

Im sure... >:/

hmm guess i should of expected that from the oscar the grouch thing......

Advertisement