Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For sale: Cannondale F600 mountain bike. Almost-new condition.

Options
  • 12-02-2008 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I have a really nice, almost-new condition Cannondale F600 mountain bike for sale. It is one of the nicest they made in navy with white stripe on frame with hydraulic brakes front and back.

I also am including:
    - DMR V8 pedals on it currently.
    - Shimano clipless pedals
    - shin protectors (needed if you use the V8's!)
    - a pair of Nike clipless mountain biking shoes size 9.5.

Call Paul at 087-681-9645. €700 for the lot. No offers.

Frame size is Medium, to suit riders from 5'8" to about 6'1".

Frame: Cannondale Furio frame
    Fork: Headshok Super Fatty Ultra DLR fork
    Gears: 9 Speed SRAM gearing with Shimano LX front mech
    Shifters: SRAM X-7 Trigger shifter
    Chainset: FSA Alpha Drive 22/32/44 Chainset
    Brakes: Hydraulic Avid Juicy 5 Disc brakes which provide excellent stopping power
    Wheels: Mavic XM117 32 hole disc rims built on to Cannondale Fire Hubs with DT Champion spokes
    Tyres: 26 x 2.1 inch IRC Serac XC tyres
    Handlebars: FSA XC281 - AOS handlebar with a 25mm rise
    Stem: Cannondale Headshok XC3
    Saddle: Cannondale-spec saddle
    Pedals: Shimano clipless pedals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The last time I was in cycleways ,they told me they quoted me a ridiculous price for servicing a cannondale headset.

Is the headset/forks on this bike easy to repair ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 poshea

Hi Brian,

This fork design is far less likely to be damaged in the first place, based on the design and is failry easy to work on yourself. When I bought the bike, I looked at a number of factors which made the Cannondale the best choice. The hydraulic disc brakes are far more reliable and easier to fix than other versions of disc brakes. The bike has lovely Shimano LX and SRAM parts as standard. I have heard they quote high prices in general there. I use a local independent guy and it was fairly uncomplicated to work on when doing overhauls.

Hope this helps. I can take stuff off or add on. The gear with the bike is of the highest quality, so it just made sense to include it. Don't ride with DMR-V8pedals without some form of leg protection. They are amazing pedeals, but have those spurs that stick out. I came off the pedals on a downhill, they spun and caught the front of my leg. As a result, I am including the shin protectors and would advisde using them if you're taking a serious spin downhill.

Cheers, Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

I rode one of those yokes up and down snowdon once... lovely bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I had an old F500 a good few years back ,I love the smoothed welds on cannondales.:)

It would be a few weeks before I could slip cash for this ,if its still around I'd be thinking of it.

Enduro, thanks for your comments on it being a really nice bike. I tried a few different ones at this price level and really liked it. The finish is amazing. A couple of trips up around Wicklow just proved it's abilities. I am only selling it to cover expenses on a motorbike that have gotten sort of out of control. A lot more expensive to run than one with pedals!:D

• Advertisement

Brian, I'll keep you posted and appreciate your interest.
    _Brian_ wrote: »
    I had an old F500 a good few years back ,I love the smoothed welds on cannondales.:)

It would be a few weeks before I could slip cash for this ,if its still around I'd be thinking of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

It would be worth advertising here too:

http://www.madmtb.com
    http://www.epicmtb.com

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Try adverts.ie as well

I just wanted to thank you for helping me post the ad in the right spots. I sold it on Saturday to someone for the asking price. He saw the ad on boards, but it was good to have it up elsewhere too.

Advertisement