Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis thread.

Options
  • 12-02-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

General purpose tennis thread since there's tournies on all the time.

For a start I've backed Cuevas @ 4/6 today in the Brazil Open. He's a young guy who was impressive last year and very impressive so far this year. I've also taken him @ 33/1 and E/W outright. He's in the hard part of the draw though.

I tipped youngster Kleybanova before and I just noticed she's beaten highly rated Szavay. I didn't back her as she replaced Szavay's scheduled opponent at short notice :mad: but she's one to watch in the next round. As is Wickmayer. She's playing Hantuchova who is very good but flaky sometimes and she might still be a bit injured.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Having second thoughts about Cuevas. He played a lot at the weekend and might be knackered. The price has moved accordingly.

Yep, Cuevas lost narrowly.

Missed posting info on some earlier games today as I was busy. Meh. So just Hantuchova v Wickmayer for now. Should be interesting. Hantuchova is top class but was suffering from a blister on her hand last week, no idea yet if it's cleared up or if she's been able to practice. Wickmayer is a youngster in front of her home crowd, she beat both the in form Bondarenko sisters in straight sets, and destroyed her previous opponent 6-0 6-4. Wickmayer win @ 9/4 or 2-1 Hantuchova @ 3/1. Undecided so far. :o

Parmentier (ranked 53) to beat Muller easily. Muller has only won one match against a top 100 opponent (Poutchek ranked 98) since last May (at home in Germany). Parmentier has won the last two meetings 2-0, the most recent being a few weeks ago in Australia.

4/9 Straight win.
    13/10 2-0.

My mistake, Muller has beaten a couple of top 100s last July, but she's still terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Thanks for taking the time to post this info :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

paulizei wrote: »
    Parmentier (ranked 53) to beat Muller easily. Muller has only won one match against a top 100 opponent (Poutchek ranked 98) since last May (at home in Germany). Parmentier has won the last two meetings 2-0, the most recent being a few weeks ago in Australia.

4/9 Straight win.
    13/10 2-0.

Excellent info thank you, backed Parmentier at 4/7 with ladbrokes. Fingers crossed

Game on. Good luck guys. I've made good money going against Muller up to now, so I hope she doesn't choose to rediscover some form tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Game on. Good luck guys. I've made good money going against Muller up to now, so I hope she doesn't choose to rediscover some form tonight.

Thanks for that paulizei.. This was my first ever bet on tennis!! Thank you for making it a winner. That will be free soccer betting for me later today!! And thank you ladbrokes for that generous 4/7!!

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Thanks for that paulizei.. This was my first ever bet on tennis!! Thank you for making it a winner. That will be free soccer betting for me later today!! And thank you ladbrokes for that generous 4/7!!
    You're welcome. I took the 2-0 meself. I don't fancy anything today really. Pennetta is a class above Parmentier and should win but the odds are a bit short and I'm not totally confident about a 2-0 win.

I will have a small stakes stab at Mathieu @ 2/1 though. Murray has been a bit wobbly while Mathieu is solid and has home crowd advantage. It is likely to be very close imo.

I will have a small stakes stab at Mathieu @ 2/1 though. Murray has been a bit wobbly while Mathieu is solid and has home crowd advantage. It is likely to be very close imo.
    Way out here. Easy win for Murray. Mathieu more or less beat himself. Ancic was class against Baghdatis and I fancy his chances against Murray.

I've gone for nothing else today so I'll take Pennetta 2-0 after all @ 19/20.

• Advertisement

Pennetta win. 6-2 6-0. Easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

well done...Thanks

Lots of matches this week. These are my picks for the next couple of days. Singles and an accumulator. Apart from the superior H2Hs, differences in ranking and recent form, I've no time to give reasons right away sorry, but should be able to give some later as the matches are quite spread out.

Li v Likhovtseva - Li, 2-0 @ 1/3
    Zvonareva v Rodionova - Zvonareva 2-0 @ 4/7
    Morigami v Radwanska - Radwanska, 2-0 @ 4/7
    Gabashvili v Ferrero - Ferrero, 2-0 @ 4/6
    Govortsova v Mirza - Mirza, 2-0 @ 10/11
    Chan v Wozniacki - Wozniacki, 2-0 @ 21/20
    Berlocq v Vanek - Berlocq @ 4/7
    Nieminen v Verdasco - Nieminen @ 8/13
    Lopez v Simon - Simon @ 8/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Do you bet in running? I read yesterday that two lads in Oz got kicked out recently for using laptops at a tennis game. They had a 3 second advantage over the punters at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

there's a shedload on betfair on the Govortsova v Mirza match... about 7 times what's on any other game. can anyone explain this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Could be because she's Indian and thus the match has far more attention

Advertisement