Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

!!!!!! Your (west) Country Needs YOU !!!!!!

Options
  • 12-02-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Aright Lads.......

the West needs a little help here ,

Me thinks it's time to use the Power of the web !!

There's a terrible lack of proper Petrol in the west... :eek:
    namely the nice 99RON E5 Maxol sell,

Could everyone if possible go to this link

http://www.maxol.ie/contact-us.html

and send Maxol a quick message saying how desperately E5 is needed in Galway etc.

Help us out here, people from all regions could send a short message, please

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

Doesn't anybody care ????? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

no, frankly, because there's no need for it...........unless you're driving a Veyron or something, there's no point in using it..........most cars now have a tolerance for a range of fuel RON's, and the ECU's automatically compensate for whatever is in the tank at the time.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Yes there most certaintly is a need for it !
    There is a need for much more....
    all petrol stations should be selling the SuperUnleaded ( higher octane fuels)
    as they do in all other countries.........
    but thanks to our idiotic government , which imposed extra tax on higher RON fuels ( as luxury items ) , oil companies were forced to remove it from the market! :mad:

Higher RON fuels are much better for any engines running higher compression or turbo pressure's , ( not just bloody Veyrons !!)

I could spend all day eating fatty rotten food and I would function, but not at anywhere near the way I should/could if I was to eat properly........
    this too is true of any fuel !!!

E5 is the first real alternative way of getting a higher quality fuel....
    much more suitable for a fair proportion of vehicles!

So please support my petition to get it introduced in our area ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mail sent.
    Ease down on the !!!! there joedumper :rolleyes:

Mr%20Bump.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Sorry man, no can do... We need it all this side of the Shannon!:D

Seriously tho, give it time. Maxol are rolling it out nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From Maxol:
    Thank you for your email.
    Unfortunately, we are not yet in a position to roll out E5 ex Cork or Galway, for the moment. We are reviewing this on an ongoing basis but it is likely to be at least some months before this position will change.

Please check our website for any updates or further information on these developments over the coming months, as all information regarding this matter will be posted there.

Should you have any further queries at this time, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
    Thank you for your interest.

Thanks for the Interest.....

Still thinking that if over time they see enough interest.... they'll put a push on it ;)

sooooooo...........

bump_signs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

My car is also supposed to run on Super Unleaded and even in Dublin it is difficult to find.
    I am pissed because, even if my car can take it, it is recommended to run on Super Unleaded, cause it is a SULEV car.

The only one I have found and go as soon as I can is the one on the N4, Lucan.
    A few more in the south side of Dublin I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

We have it in Limerick, though I've never tried it because I wouldn't gain anything with my Fiesta and Emo are cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

galwaytt wrote: »
    no, frankly, because there's no need for it...........unless you're driving a Veyron or something, there's no point in using it..........most cars now have a tolerance for a range of fuel RON's, and the ECU's automatically compensate for whatever is in the tank at the time.........

In fairness, the Wesht is the only place in Ireland that actually has a Veyron so somebody needs it!

bump.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Why don't you use an additive, OP? Oh and enough bumping already!
    javaboy wrote: »
    In fairness, the Wesht is the only place in Ireland that actually has a Veyron so somebody needs it!

There's no Veyron in this country. The guy that bought one had it shipped elsewhere. He probably couldn't afford the VRT :D

unkel wrote: »
    There's no Veyron in this country. The guy that bought one had it shipped elsewhere. He probably couldn't afford the VRT :D
    On Dec 28th 2007 I took a photo of a Veyron in a showroom in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

To the OP:

Are you running a Performance Car? If so, just get the car mapped to an Octane level of 95 RON, Problem solved...

Practically every car on the planet IS mapped for 95. Some will run better on higher octanes, because higher octane is better
    (more knock resistant, timing can be set by the ECU more accurately)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Looks like you're flogging a dead horse.
    Nobody give a ****e.

The Wesht is grand for a long weekend but maybe you should consider moving to a more civilised part of the country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The old "higher octane= more bang" myth again..

Higher RON resists detonation longer and so is of use in high compression turbo and supercharged engines.
    What would ye want with that stuff in the west?

JHMEG wrote: »
    On Dec 28th 2007 I took a photo of a Veyron in a showroom in Galway.

It was waiting for the boat to Spain ;)

Show us the pic, I bet it wasn't on Irish plates. If it was, I'll eat some humble pie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I've used it in the Astra, and to correct the facts, as it's more environmentally combustable, it's not to the best of my knowledge taxed at a higher rate, though I will check.

The Maxol in Limerick that sells it charges more than most other places for fuel, but I did notice a slight difference when the boot was down.

• Advertisement

It was waiting for the boat to Spain ;)

Show us the pic, I bet it wasn't on Irish plates. If it was, I'll eat some humble pie :D
    Would have to dig to find the phone I used to take the pic (K750i, great phone). Had no reg plates as far as I can remember.

@ stevec and pburns .......
    I'll have you know that the west is just every bit as civilised as the rest of the country,,,, if not even more so!
    but I won't get into that arguement now. :rolleyes:

Im running a high powered turbocharged car which was professionaly mapped in the UK for 97RON petrol,
    and there are many more in the west who are in similar situations.
    I know a remap would be an option,
    but why would anyone want to have their car being held back on any front.

also...
    @ stevec,,, as you said yourself that myth
    the higher octane really equals less bang / less unwanted detonation, prolonging the life of an engine and allowing more power to be extracted from the fuel. ;)

Here's the Veyron:

Cheers, JHMEG

I wonder does your man realise he needed to register it within 24 hours of importing it? It's been driven on the public road too...

So no tax either. Insurance?

Cheers, JHMEG

I wonder does your man realise he needed to register it within 24 hours of importing it? It's been driven on the public road too...

So no tax either. Insurance?
    It's in the window of a dealer, but no for sale sign on it etc, or anything else. I reckon you're right, that it's on its way somewhere else.

If it has been out on the road it could have been on garage plates/insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

Ya I saw that veyron was up in the showroom on the second floor as you head up to the race coarse. was there for the galway races last yr

speedbump717474fe0.jpg

Advertisement