Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Issue

Options
  • 12-02-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I click the shortcut on my Desktop to play BF2.
    I wait..........
    Nothing, click again......I hear my system goin *brmmmmmmmmmmm* as if to start it.
    This sound fades away. I open TAsk Manager to see how it is.
    This is it shown below in the pic.
    problem.jpg

You can see it goes to about 18,000k. It STOPS at this and Nothing, its like BF2 Starts but then quits at about 10%.??

I does work when i click on it about 5 times and wait a minute.

I want to only have to click ONCE(Have the process continue up to the usual 400,000 BF2 Goes to) , Any ideas any1??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

barcoe4 wrote: »
    I click the shortcut on my Desktop to play BF2.
    I wait..........
    Nothing, click again......I hear my system goin *brmmmmmmmmmmm* as if to start it.
    This sound fades away. I open TAsk Manager to see how it is.
    This is it shown below in the pic.
    problem.jpg

You can see it goes to about 18,000k. It STOPS at this and Nothing, its like BF2 Starts but then quits at about 10%.??

I does work when i click on it about 5 times and wait a minute.

I want to only have to click ONCE(Have the process continue up to the usual 400,000 BF2 Goes to) , Any ideas any1??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

That one's new and weird. Try turning off NOD antivirus and then try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

lol spear, i agree it is quiet the technical problem. I will try now and let u know.

Naa i turned NOD Off and still it doesn't function properly.

Maybe I should start new thread because sum1 will see the Title and be like, 'Oh I know how to fix this' rather than the post being hidden away in this 'Different named Thread'?

Example: You, Spear, are the only one looking at this thread, whereas if I start a new one, it will Attract people who will be able to solve my issue.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

barcoe4 wrote: »
    Naa i turned NOD Off and still it doesn't function properly.

Maybe I should start new thread because sum1 will see the Title and be like, 'Oh I know how to fix this' rather than the post being hidden away in this 'Different named Thread'?

Example: You, Spear, are the only one looking at this thread, whereas if I start a new one, it will Attract people who will be able to solve my issue.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Might want to see what a mod thinks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

This is a different issue to ranking up, so you could start a new thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

goto youre DOcuments and settings and delete youre bf2 folder. You will have to do all yer settings again when ya run the game but it should work. Ive had to do that quite a few times.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Never, ever heard of that but try deleting the BF2 folder anyhow.

You won't lose any stats.

When did it last work? Can you use System Restore to rollback to an older config?

I have been having this problem since I got the game 1-2 weeks ago.
    Just takes 5-6 efforts when starting it up!

well somtimes i get a black screen when i try start up bf2. I delete my bfw folder in doc`s and settings and it starts. thought ye might be having the same problem.

well somtimes i get a black screen when i try start up bf2. I delete my bfw folder in doc`s and settings and it starts. thought ye might be having the same problem.

You delete your BF2 Folder as in Delete the game and re install??

• Advertisement

No, just the Battlefield 2 folder in My Documents.

Its 24.3 MB . Will I loose ANYTHING??

YES!!

You will lose your list of favourite servers and any special keyboard configs.
    But that's all.

Will I loose current key settings??

Yes.

Afraid so.

BOLLOX!

ah it shouldent take ya too long to set them up again, a lot quicker than doing a full reinstall and patch. The only key I change from the default settings is the parachute on to my side mouse and thats it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Get Bf2 cleaner, it clears all the temp rubbish from it.

nice, never seen that before.

Advertisement